k04-23 hotside needed

s3coop

Reaction score
hi all, i took my turbo apart yesterday to fit a new chra and found cracks on the wastegate hole and turbine hole, the turbine wouldnt spin when fitted because the crack has deformed it. does anybody know where i can get the hotside housing or does anybody have one that is ok. i was thinking of getting a chinese turbo and just taking it from there but i have read that there is also problems with that, i found one ebay seller who supplies them but there is no kkk stamp on it so it may also be chinese and costs £150, that is just £15 less than buying a full chinese turbo. where do propper turbo rebuild companies source their turbo housings.
can anyone help please, thanks.

I have a scrap hotside sat here with exactly the same problem as you! Ended up buying a second hand turbo just to use the hotside.

The chinese ones have a smaller wastegate hole and can cause boost control issues so id avoid them.

Reactions: TTE Si
Well I have tried alot of companies and I cant get one. I have only found one used turbo but dont want to risk getting that, taking it apart and find the same problem. If the wastegate hole was made bigger would the chinese one work, is the casting strong enough. Thanks for the reply.

Didnt your turbo with a ****** hotside have in and out play in the shaft? Thats what mine had, i just bought a K04 advertised as no play and it was fine. Dont know about the chinese castings so cant advise, sorry.

No play at all the turbo worked fine as far as I could tell, went from a 210bhp golf with k03s to s3 8l amk standard so 210bhp again. Iv just spent loads rebuilding the engine with forged rods, new valves, guides, tappets and alot of other bits so thought I might aswell make the turbo like new aswell, so dont want to throw it back on and not know how long it will last. The bbt guy is abit of a d**k no need dude, but I read a post where they say they use chinese parts so cant be that bad.

No play at all the turbo worked fine as far as I could tell, went from a 210bhp golf with k03s to s3 8l amk standard so 210bhp again. Iv just spent loads rebuilding the engine with forged rods, new valves, guides, tappets and alot of other bits so thought I might aswell make the turbo like new aswell, so dont want to throw it back on and not know how long it will last. The bbt guy is abit of a d**k no need dude, but I read a post where they say they use chinese parts so cant be that bad.

From what i understand, Dan spent quite a bit of time ensuring that he was getting consitent good quality castings from his supplier. I'd be very surprised it all Chinese hotsides were of a similar quality.

How was he being a willy?

Maybe if you took the time to contact me rather than slate me then I might be able to help! I am not allowed to blatantly advertise on here hence my nudge..

Maybe if you took the time to contact me rather than slate me then I might be able to help! I am not allowed to blatantly advertise on here hence my nudge..

Yeah figured thats what your original comment in this thread was implying.

I do apologise, I replied right away and because you didnt answer I took it the wrong way. Just thought you were being funny, I hope there is no hard feelings. From what i have seen bbt is the best around at the moment, just cant afford a full unit just yet haha but would be great if you could help me out with this. Should I contact your company direct. I know all castings wont be the same, some companies may get the crap ones and machine them to a better standard, I dont know this is the kind of info I was looking for.