K04-023 compared to a K03S

SHUk

Once Bitten Forever Smitten =]
Reaction score
Can anyone explain any real power gains in changing my K03S to a ko4-023...

Thanks

So top end with all the bolt on bits maybe 30bhp between them.
Ko3s = 240/250
Ko4 = 260/270
Both of these are on a great day on a dyno. Next day/dyno would be different and both are maximum output not safe output.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SHUk
Most K03s's top out at 220 with 230 being the upper end with all the normal prerequisites, good engine and a turbo thats in good condition realistically... would need to nail the actuator shut to get more plus the luck of the irish... a couple of notable cars have topped 250 on a K03s but you wouldn't expect a long life from them..

K04's will map up to around 270/280 with all the prerequisites but of course would require all the K04 stuff to fit as its all different to the K03 fitments..

As you have an AGU you will also need to use the MAF tube from a VR6..

Not that it matters as there is hardly anyone that can or would map an AGU ECU especially with a hardware change like that

<tuffty/>

Reactions: SHUk and superkarl
Would I notice a difference if I bolted the turbo on with my existing map...
I have a vr6 Maf ready plus the Saab red tops.

You would have to alter the map if you changed the turbo

Ok cool beans... =]

Looks like it's an engine rebuild and BT setup with a standalone ecu.

Are there any cost effective routes to changing my archaic brain...

Might be easier to buy a S3 =[]

Reactions: Stuart B and Tj 0785
I'm not sure there are many Nogaro's left - and the other S3's were rumoured to be a little bit slower.

Reactions: MattmanS3 and BishAGU
I really like FWD, it the platform I drive best on. Seems a shame to put all the geometry setup to waste as it handles like a go cart. =[]

Are there any cost effective routes to changing my archaic brain...
Not without work... you could arguably transplant from a wideband car but tbh if going BT then just do what Prawn did and get a plug n play standalone like the Emerald...

<tuffty/>

With minimal electrical understanding can someone install an ecu...

Audi have done most of the work for you so you can use the wiring loom and other relevant parts from a later A3... other than that I couldn't tell you as never done a conversion like that myself...

<tuffty/>

Not that it matters as there is hardly anyone that can or would map an AGU ECU especially with a hardware change like that

<tuffty/>

As I recently found out having bought an agu engined car for a toy.
Basic stage1 or two but NOWHERE can I find a custom mapper

Perfect Touch

Www.perfect-touch.co.uk

This is where I went to a recen dyno day, great bunch of people with years of exstensive knowledge!

Spoke about my plans and had not problem with mapping my ecu. Even bench flashing was mentioned.

Mate that's ten miles from my house! Perfect for me!

And they can map an agu ?

Jamie

Yes!!!

Reactions: BishAGU
I wonder if they can do custom maps as well though as you'd need it for your ko3s ?

It's basically the same size, nominal difference. My Aug has a mapped ko3s nice little torque devil with 221bhp 338lbs

I thought people were mapping there k04s to like 300bhp with supporting mods.

It's basically the same size, nominal difference. My Aug has a mapped ko3s nice little torque devil with 221bhp 338lbs

I would be very happy with this from my agu! How reliable has it been with that much power ?

Used as a daily for four years!!! No problems just had to put a better clutch and pressure plate in. =]

I thought people were mapping there k04s to like 300bhp with supporting mods.
300hp is very rare... 270-280 is subjectively typical with all the mods and decent engine condition...

Only a few cars have ever made 300hp and its a very peaky delivery at around 5k before dropping like a stone

<tuffty/>

I thought the k03 and k03s were the same size with different compressor wheel etc? and K04 was entirely different?

Reactions: Tj 0785
oh doh... thanks
I think adding a 2.5 inch welly cooler has added lag - its only noticeable when it feels like it should be accelerating on a motorway and doesn't immediately. (especially with my history of hoses popping off etc I am/was constantly expecting it to break down on the motorway - so drive like a granddad)

oh doh... thanks
I think adding a 2.5 inch welly cooler has added lag - its only noticeable when it feels like it should be accelerating on a motorway and doesn't immediately. (especially with my history of hoses popping off etc I am/was constantly expecting it to break down on the motorway - so drive like a granddad)

The reason I'm not going to do a front mount!

lag.... lol... you lot crack me up :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: superkarl, hydro s3, BishAGU and 2 others
The air flow is pretty poor on the OEM IC a nice little 2.5" inter cooler is needed with a remap as will seriously help the IAT's also get some water/meth injection

The air flow is pretty poor on the OEM IC a nice little 2.5" inter cooler is needed with a remap as will seriously help the IAT's also get some water/meth injection

What about those up rated forge side mounts ?

If I could do it again I would get an AIRTEC - as I still have to fit one more decent silicon bend. that is 12 joins I have from charge pipe to throttle body instead of 4 with an AIRTEC.

Reactions: hydro s3 and SHUk