K03/K04 Eliminators...............

Kenny - why not the GTRS? Not much difference in price is there?

Are you going to change the exhaust manifold?

I think I'm right in saying that the GT2X is not water cooled but the GTRS is (as is the OE K03).

Whether this is a good or bad thing I'm not sure!

yeah change it to the ATP one.

the GT2X one is what jim suggested. im not wanting huge power, just a reliable quick car, i think 250-290bhp will be plenty.

plus i dont want to change, my clutch, exhaust or FMIC straight away

What is going to happen with mapping the car? Is Jim going to do a custom map for you? Or are you going to use the ATP software as i heard it sucks.

Ok cool, its just that when u get all your other mods you would probably be advised to get another map.

Resulting in another £500.

yeah thanks mate, appreciate the advice.

hopefully if i do it that way, if i get used to 260bhp i can add a few bits and remap it again and get a new remap feeling again and see closer to the 290bhp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will have to check out i can get an insurance company to insure me 1st! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ive still not managed to find any real reviews of the GT2X elininator kit yet.

im not wanting to spend that kind of money to only make 240bhp or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

hopefully star may fit one soon

Come on Kenny, that's just not going to happen!!

My car showed 237bhp on Stars rollers, You've got to be looking at 265bhp+ min (& massive torque), with a good set up from Jim.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

i noticed star show the 190PS only remaping to 217bhp ?

im just not sure mate, heard a few poor comments on the ATP stuff to be fair

[ QUOTE ]
Did they have to cut much away?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry didn't answer this! Not much, About 5mm from a section in the centre IIRC.

Which Garrett Turbos are water cooled?

spoke to a chap in us and his car an A4(b5)1.8T(150bhp) got 225bhp from the gt2x kit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yes but the yanks beer is stronger than their petrol. Their power figures are always down compared to uk figures.

If you're that worried then go for a K04 hybrid - That'll be good for 260bhp all day long on our engines (BEX 190ps). Take a look here

But I think you'd be daft not to go for a Garrett turbo.

Why don't you just get a re-map at Star? You should get close to my figures and it might be the extra performance you're looking for before you go BT..........

[ QUOTE ]
spoke to a chap in us and his car an A4(b5)1.8T(150bhp) got 225bhp from the gt2x kit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh that is poor!!!

I get more than that.

why does stars website say only 217bhp for the 190ps cars?

id love the extra grunt of a bigger turbo, just hoping they fit one before me

Most tuners quote on the low side, I guess so they can guarantee the results - any more is a bonus.

Don't forget my car has a Oettinger Alloy Intake too. (Oettinger claim 5-7bhp)

ah ok, wasnt doubting was just wondering if that was the same remap you got /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

once my servcie is done in a few months i will get atp manifold, mitek cat and exhaust and have a good chat with Jim and see what he recommends /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice one Kenny and a good plan IMO to lay a nice base for the 'BT'.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif