K&N Panel Filter

ScottyKemp

Reaction score
I put one of these in my Audi S3, and it is going in for a 2nd AVS service on monday.

Silly question but do you think the filter could void the warranty ? I doubt it would but have any of you people had any experience ?

Anyone now how much the service might cost ? I tneeds rear pads replacing so that would add to price too.

I don't know if it would void the warranty or not for definate but you might get the newbie doing the service and replace the K&N with a standard one...

I got quoted about 200-250 notes for a service at my local dealer when I bought my S3... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rich

Sick of hearing about this K&N filter ******** affecting the MAF. Oil the f*cking thing up correctly i.e. not too much and it works a treat. I've been using one for over 30K now and no probs. Tip ; Oil it up and then let it drain over night, if you get it right then you shouldn't find any or very little residue in the bottom of your air box. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JamS3 said:
Well I ended up paying £387 for my second AVS service!!! Which included the Haldex oil change

[/ QUOTE ]Where in the hell did you get that price from the sods at lookers charged me £509 for 2nd service the haldex must be from some rare source thats in my car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Why worry about what a K&N filter might do to your MAF sensor - just don't fit one. Why not?

Because they cost money and do nothing other than increase the noise of induction which makes people FEEL they are quicker along with all the b*ll hype they've read.

Believe me - I've been there done that done the timing they are a total waste of time and money.

Lead on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers