K&N Panel filter

Reaction score
Has anyone got a spare k&n panel filter they want to sell me , I thought i had one fitted (in reciepts for car) but when i looked today there isnt one.It turns out before i got the car when it was last serviced the garage took the k&n out and fitted a standard filter :faint: !!!

Got mine off Ebay for about £10. New in box.
Made such a difference, I thought I was going to have to replace the MAF sensor again due to poor performance.
Find the correct K&N part number for your car and do a search on Ebay, you might be lucky!

I thought mine initially made a difference but i'll probably take it out on the next service. I'm sure it's getting more hesitant, could be down to the MAF getting oil on it so i've been told.

In all honesty, for the minute difference it makes i don't think it's worth running the risk of knackering the MAF.

I think they flow slightly more air. But on a N/A car I dont think it makes much odds. I would exepect on a Turbo'd car is would make more difference. How much difference i would expect would depend on the level of tuning on the car.

Mine's a 1.8T and i've had it chipped.

I think the difference is pshycological, if any.

well sorry to upset some of you but!!! out of the all the cars on the rollers ive seen trying to get as many pony's as poss thoes with anything but OEM paper filters lose hp.
i too used to think otherwise.. and yes aftermarket filters will wreck you maf sooner or later.
but they will also give you a better throttle responce..
turbo cars will suffer drasticly from a k&n or these silly massive induction kits..
so i would spend the money on something else worthwile.!!!!:bye:

Aye, paper only for me.

I wouldn't fit a K&N etc to my Audi if you gave it to me for NOTHING.

I fitted a k&n panel filter in my porsche it made a bit of difference but not a vast amount. I will try one in the audi if i can get one as when it was rolling road tuned it had the k&n fitted !!!

When i bought mine it had a K&N filter fitted and after reading on here i have been wanted to get rid of it as i am starting to get a bit of a rough idle. could it be down to this?

most probably mate thats you maf covered in S*ite,or onits last legs, me and by freind both used to wreck maf's about every 6 months becouse we "foolishly use to run them" on ours but these were not even well oiled "wash them in some truckwash removes all the oil" give them a quick spray of oil to catch the dust.... and still f*@k mafs as quick. bin em everybody unless your only going to sprin your cars stick with OEM unless you dont mind £80-90 often

:o.k:

i'll go get a paper on this afternoon then. whats the best way of cleaning the MAF or do you reakon i should just get a new one?

ive put in a paper one few months back took my pipercross one out. made no difference thats all maxpower theorys stick with oem cant go for for £5-10 hey. and get a fresh 1 every service!

dsmclark30v said:
i'll go get a paper on this afternoon then. whats the best way of cleaning the MAF or do you reakon i should just get a new one?

go to your chemist shop and see if you can get some pure alcohol i think they only have 97% but if you can get 100 them all better. but ours didnt sell it so a good quality brake cleaner spray can...... i asume you know how to remove the maf???:icon_thumright:
then just put about 2" of alcohol in a cup and gently swish the maf in it..
or just blast it with brake cleaner .
better still as you say "get a new one"

I'll just nick some amberklene or isoprop from work then and give it a clean with that and if that doesn't work i'll just get a new one. the MAF looks a doddle to remove.
nice one
Sam

amberklean is not all that good tho "you mean the stuff you clean circut bords with i asume" it leave a slight residue. buy a tin of brake cleaner if you cant get any alcohol.its better:icon_thumright:

Why dont you just use some spray carb cleaner. it works great on throttle bodies and leaves no residue.

I might just buy a new MAF to be honest as the car has done 146k, 20k with the K&N on so its bound to be a bit shagged out by now. i might spray some carb cleaner in to clean the throttle bodies up anyway