K-1 LO400 Build

K-1

quattro
Reaction score
Hello,

my Name is Kris and Im from Slovak republic and this is my first car:

My english is not so good but i hope u can undersand.

Audi A4 quattro 2.0TFSI, 2005
S-LINE interior exterior , BOSE, Webasto... I am the second owner. 205.000 km. Car has some shortcomings.

Audi A4 B7 2.0TFSI quattro

It was:
i bought car whit some modifications 350hp 451nm some hybrid Garrett:

Now:

Worthersee Tour 2015

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
My current setup :

Software Revo Stage 3
Turbocharger Loba LO400
HPFP Autotech
Intercooler CX Racing
S3 Injectors
Custom turbo-back exhaust (hi flow 200cat, magnaflow mufflers)
K&N Intake
Forge PCV revamp
Sachs ZF Performance
KW V1

Next step will be:

JE Pistons 82,5mm 10,5:1
H-Beam Conrods 144x20mm from IE (with riffle drilling)
ARP Bolt Kits
Race Rod Bearing
Race Main Bearings
High Performance Pistons Pins
RACE Oil cooling nozzle

What do you think about it?
How much horsepower/torque can you get out?
The car it's not finished yet.

Welcome.

Having looked up the loba lo400 you should be good for circa 400BHP.

Pushing it much harder than that the problem you will come up against is getting sufficient fuel.

I'm running a similar setup on the internals and a Garrett GTX2860r. I've not had it on a rolling road but logging with VCDS I see about 420BHP. There is a little more headroom on the S3 injectors but not much. The other options you could look at are switch to RS4 injectors but I have heard mixed reviews as to their suitability, the spray pattern isn't ideal and can cause poor running on light throttle. The other option is to run a second set of injectors that come in at higher boost and rpm levels. The downside to this is that the standard ecu can't run two set of injectors so now you need to run a piggyback ecu or switch to standalone management.

Thanks to reply j4jon!

Setup (just like garage setup haha) before was with something like gt28 and rs4 injectors but REVO said LO400 with S3 injectors! I think this is will be okay. And what do you think about rs4 fuel valve?

Today delivered

Attachments

• received_10207399130721351.jpeg
    received_10207399130721351.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: Marc B7
That's some serious engine work your doing matey. Surely it's over kill for 400bhp on these engines or are you planning on more or just some serious torque?

Ive done 2000km :)

Reactions: DrStrange, Darren1983 and Marc B7

i know i know, very bad quality .... in night becase private parking place hihihi

Reactions: James.c and Dani_B19
This car makes me sad!

I have a strange issue. When I want to shift up on max RPM sometimes I can't shift properly. For example when I go on 3rd gear and shift just before 7k RPM sometimes the gear doesn't fall in and I have to wait for 1-1.5 sec so I can change the gear.

And the second problem
:((

Attachments

• Fuel_Reg011.jpg
    Fuel_Reg011.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 126
  • received_412596202404660.jpeg
    received_412596202404660.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 137
Hi guys, i have just trouble with this Audi - somehow the car chokes when the throttle is pushed harder. Everything was fine when I first assembled the car, flashed the software .. but the rods were weakened by previous mods, so it literally exploded and after rebuilding the (new) engine with forged rods/pistons he can't get it working right. Turbo sometimes goes above 2 bars which seems to be just too much. It uses S3 injectors and Autotech HPFP. No errors except of lean mixture (because turbo gives more psi than expected?)
Any ideas what could be the problem?

Control the boost better so it doesn't go over 2 bar