just upgraded to full DIS, problems??

bugwhizz

Reaction score
Well, i've just had my friend from VW fit and code my new stalks so the full DIS will work and we were a bit unsure of which adjustments to make on the vagcom.

We went for the 0=DIS setting as shown on vagcom and not the 1=DIS with menu or the 2= DIS with menu and adjustments or something like that??

All seems to work fine now though i do have a high level brake light out warning??, surely this should've shown befor the upgrade?? easy fix??

Also, i have the expected low washer fluid warning, does anyone know if the loom for this is part of the standard engine loom?? and if so, is it just a case of buying a sender and fitting it??, or would i need to buy a new washer bottle?, is it a different bottle that allows fitment of the sensor?. ( just asking before i start pulling things to pieces)

I've been done a search of the DIS related topics and none are clear on this, would be nice if someone who's been in my position could give some guidance.

Cheers

mak

Hi Mak,

I used the following when I did mine.

No loom but its just 2 wires - 1 earth and the other to the dash. Not sure which pin.

Hope you get sorted.

Chris

Just fitted the washer sensor yesterday and it was not too tricky!

1. Remove passenger front wheel
2. Remove wheel arch liner completely
3. Hole for sensor is located at base of reservoir, should be plugged, remove plug and allow to drain.
3. Used Spade terminals to connect wire to sensor, (I used speaker type wire so both ends will be run into cabin)
4. Seal the connections using silicon to ensure no water ingress and rout cable though top of wheel arch.
5. There as a large grommet to the right of the suspension that already has a large cable going through with a small "nipple" above and below where the cable goes through. Snip the end off and feed the cable through.
6. Inside the car I removed the glovebox to gain access to the grommet which ou should hopefully see the cable sticking through. (left of the blower housing)
7. Pull all excess cable through before refitting the inner arch cover and replacing wheel. (Check for leaks first!)
8. Route twin cable to drivers side and run one end to earth and the other to pin one behind the speedo as described earlier in the posts!
9. Put all the car together again and hey presto no warning light ( So long as you have filled with water!!)

Hope this is of use to someone! Let us know if you have any problems. Takes about 1 hour in all and you will need a torx screwdriver for the screws that hold the arch lining in and an 8mm socket to remove the glovebox!

Fantastic information, thanks for your help Chris!!

mak