Just smashed up my car!

basssound

Reaction score
Were's the best place to pick up a front end for my 2007 A3 8p.
I think it's akoya silver, can anyone help with the colour?

Needing a bonnet, bumper, crash bar, aircon radiator, engine radiator, headlamps and maybe an intercooler?

Cheers peeps!

You have my respect for being so chilled out hope your ok

Chilled out yeah but I dunno what road to go down, claim and pay £350 but loose 2yncb
or pay out for both parties and take a large financial hit?

:/

Chilled out yeah but I dunno what road to go down, claim and pay £350 but loose 2yncb
or pay out for both parties and take a large financial hit?

I think my only thought would be depending on the severity of the crash do you really know the extent of the damaged caused which by fixing it yourself (no disrespect) you may not spot something serious.

Surely the hit for losing 2 years NCB will be less then paying for both cars?

I bumped into the back of someone many years ago and my first reaction was like yours, buy the bits that are obviously damaged and repair it myself. You'd be surpised at how little impact you need to cause damage to things beyond the obvious and it ended up being 2.5k for the repair! Glad I went through insurance in the end!

Get it done properly mate.

I had a BMW 4x4 bump into my last car and on the surface it looked like just the door was dented.

Once they got it in and checked it on the jig the whole B-pillar was out of alignment and ended up gettin removed.

Total cost came to just shy of 6k.

No airbags, I had come to a stop behind a bus, the truck come round the bend and saw me at the last second, he's locked up and started belting towards my back end, I've shot my pants and planted the foot down to go round the bus but a truck coming the other way slammed on and we hit, both below 10mph but a 7.5t truck has some momentum!!

The driver behind me come to a stop in front of my back end, had I not moved I'd have been shoved into the bus in front.

Either way my car ended up screwed, luckily the chassis legs aren't damaged but I do need some bits and paint, luckily I am a mechanic and I've seen this plenty of times.

N8 it's silver but are there many silvers or just a single silver?

Looks like light silver metallic to me (LY7W) Check your manuel or spare tyre bay should find a paint code there.

EDIT: Hope you're alright by the way.

hope you're ok bud, sorry to hear stuff like this. check my sig - my car is akoya silver (slight blue in it)

Last edited:
Yeah I'm good ta, just more damage to my pride and wallet really ;)

2 years NCB isn't a lot to be honest..... I'd go with the insurance company, but it's up to you.

If it's a 7.5 tonner you hit then chuff goin through the insurance. Tell him your on a traders policy and you have to pay for the repair yourself and then tell him your a mechanic. Can't see 10mph doing much damage to a truck. If it was me I would be doing what I can to pay for it myself. Going through insurance will haunt you forever or next 5 years. That's what I'd be doing anyways chap but it's upto you.

N8 it's silver but are there many silvers or just a single silver?

My colour is Akoya:

DSC00110.jpg

See the Purple/Grey etc in the paint, yours is just plain silver metallic

Yep plain silver, cheers N8!!
2010 is gonna be mega bucks, wings and lights ect...
Is the black plastic support for the bumper and radiators the same on the 2010 as to the 2007?

Yeah ive seen that complete front end, if it was silver then I would be tempted, talking £500+ just for paint work alone

Do the wings just bolt off and bolt on?

wings just bolt off and new ones require a little modifcation nothing to hard the new wings sit on little brackets, i did the full 2010 s3 front end conversion in 6 hours, thats starting to strip my old front and the new one all completely fitted and done.

So the support behind the bumper is exactly the same?
What about the ally crash bar behind the bumper, they the same as well?

Sorry to hear about this mate. Hope your okay and get the car back on the road soon.

judging by the damage, insurance will fix their car and write off yours

Well I've completely stripped the front end off, the damage isn't as bad but it does require £2000 of new bits
which to be fair I was going to go down the 2010 front end route but the third party has just kicked me in the teeth with an estimate of £2200
for a full repair!

To say i'm a little peeved is an understatement so I've not had to go down the insurance claim way and loose 2yncb!!

Now I have to remove the coilovers and fit the standard suspension to keep them happy :(

(yes flame me for not declaring)

Feeling pretty down now :(

defo claim via the insurance, might be 2200 for the repair but you never know he might try and chuck in an injury claim aswell.

gutted for you

He can feck off about an injury claim, he jumped out of the cab lol!!

Yes i had an asian guy smash my vr6 in from the side.Jumped out goin for it until i got out my car .He then chilled .seemed perfectly well etc etc
but he got £6000 injuries after goin off sick with wip lash .Tw@t

Hey, sorry to hear about you man, just a suggestion, if the truck hit you from behind then isn't it his fault? claim against his insurance, your NCB will not be affected and you will not pay the excess. Plus your car would most porbs be a cat D so you will get £s for that. They may be buy it back for a few hundred and then do it up? perhaps a latest facelift with right off money?

Think about it, you know the circumstances better of course, but you might be better off claiming from the truckers insurance as he was at fault (from what you have said)

stay safe man!

Hey, sorry to hear about you man, just a suggestion, if the truck hit you from behind then isn't it his fault? claim against his insurance, your NCB will not be affected and you will not pay the excess. Plus your car would most porbs be a cat D so you will get £s for that. They may be buy it back for a few hundred and then do it up? perhaps a latest facelift with right off money?

Think about it, you know the circumstances better of course, but you might be better off claiming from the truckers insurance as he was at fault (from what you have said)

stay safe man!

I was at fault pal, I drove into the other lane to avoid been sandwiched between a lorry and a double decker bus.
I hit another lorry coming the other way, there's no way around it, my fault, least its just front end damage really.

even if its your fault are you not fully comp?if the insurance company writes you off you'll still get a pay out, buy your car back n use the money for 2011 front end conversion :)

yeah fully comp ect...

it'll not be a write off, just wants a front end, parts alone are 2k then 1k -1.5k for paint and labour, the car is worth 10k
so that's a lot less than 50% which I believe is the economical cut off percentage.

ahh so you hit an oncoming truck :O

I would get an independent engineer to perhaps judge it before you make a claim. I think personally it could well be a write off. Have you told your insurance that you have had a crash or not mate?