Charlie Farley's 350BHP & beyond 2.0tfsi BUL Engine and K03/4 upgrade project, maybe just 300bhp now.

hey Rob BAR-TEK out of Germany has the best stuff for cars! I am currently doing the tfsi roller cam mod to my fsi!! no more changing the am follower!!!

I did have a quick look, but didn't see the cam roller for our engines, only for B8.?

Ok I see it now, but you have to yours modified before fitting, is it worth the price?

I thought the mk6 gti / r boys had issues with west and bearings on these? I could well be wrong, I'm sure I've heard it's not fool proof.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Well there are only a few kits like this out there. another kit involves removing the cam lobe and having a custom one fitted on. The way i look at it i dont have to worry about my APR HPFP busting through the follower from the bigger piston I have all ready noticed my follower wearing at the center more than before. I would like to see some documentations of people that have used this setup. I have been researching this for quite a while! and decided to pull The trigger! ECS used carry it but they no longer do?? Hmm...Also give Bar-tek a call and see what they say about the matter.

Well there are only a few kits like this out there. another kit involves removing the cam lobe and having a custom one fitted on. The way i look at it i dont have to worry about my APR HPFP busting through the follower from the bigger piston I have all ready noticed my follower wearing at the center more than before. I would like to see some documentations of people that have used this setup. I have been researching this for quite a while! and decided to pull The trigger! ECS used carry it but they no longer do?? Hmm...Also give Bar-tek a call and see what they say about the matter.
For that price id rather just bang a cam follower in every annual service lol

Reactions: Bobbytea
For that price id rather just bang a cam follower in every annual service lol
It's not about the cost completely. It's about peace if mind especially for me who is running a lot of fuel pressure. Don't want to be full throttle banging a hole in my follower prematurely. It's not for everyone and for the person with just a stage 1 or 2 I would say is almost not worth it but I'll be running over 150 bar fuel pressure when it's all said and done which is quite a lot of pressure for that part to withstand continually.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
May have to add to my never ending list then, it was going down but seems to have grown longer again.:sadlike:

It's not about the cost completely. It's about peace if mind especially for me who is running a lot of fuel pressure. Don't want to be full throttle banging a hole in my follower prematurely. It's not for everyone and for the person with just a stage 1 or 2 I would say is almost not worth it but I'll be running over 150 bar fuel pressure when it's all said and done which is quite a lot of pressure for that part to withstand continually.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Fair point I wasn't looking at it from a big turbo car point of view.

Lol... as we always say being the owner of an Audi...Its a love hate relationship!!! And the reason the car is called an AUDI....is??? AS SOON AS YOU GET MONEY It's AUDIYA POCKET...!

Time to pickup where I left off on this project now.
I have a fair few parts now , still need to organise a suitable FMIC aswell , probably just get an Airtec one from an outlet as Airtec never got back to me , kinda put me off but we'll see what occurs.

I revised my thinking and i'll use my current BUL as the base of the project, it will need a few bits doing soon so probably cheaper to do the upgrade this way than use two lumps and two outlays , it wasn't the original plan but plans can change along the way.

I'll be starting in the next few weeks , just waiting for the last bits and pieces to arrive from outside the uk so I can do the rebuild in one hit, cant be messing round with a long drawn out project now.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Bobbytea and Sidrick
One thing I never really thought about were the engine mounts , well upgrading really.
Something I noticed on the old bus whilst I had it jacked the other day, leaking oem engine mounts , which I've seen a few threads about.

Whilst I was under the old bus doing the drive shafts I could see clearly both mounts have been leaking, how long for is hard to say but its not a new oil stain, engine doesn't appear to move around more than normal but if they have been leaking for a while I may have not noticed the gradual loss of engine stiffness.
So I'll add on a pair of new mounts but should i just go oem again or with something a tad stronger.
Any suggestions from experience chaps.

One thing I never really thought about were the engine mounts , well upgrading really.
Something I noticed on the old bus whilst I had it jacked the other day, leaking oem engine mounts , which I've seen a few threads about.

Whilst I was under the old bus doing the drive shafts I could see clearly both mounts have been leaking, how long for is hard to say but its not a new oil stain, engine doesn't appear to move around more than normal but if they have been leaking for a while I may have not noticed the gradual loss of engine stiffness.
So I'll add on a pair of new mounts but should i just go oem again or with something a tad stronger.
Any suggestions from experience chaps.
Ive only had experience fwd engine mounts and they have always been rock hard the better (for a serious fast road or track car) as for 4wd not sure either way id still definitely go with something more performance related id do the gearbox mounts as well though.

Ok chaps , a bit of an update on this project.
I've made the descision to abort it , well in the original format that is.
It would have been nice to have seen it through but I just feel the potential for issues that may just keep occurring very high. Having spent what seems like an age addressing the electrical gremlins etc that became a real downer, then the drive shaft issues a few weeks back , I just don't fancy spending more time fixing the old bus .
I now feel the likely hood of problems arising from the project is very high and I just don't want the hassle to be honest, i'd rather just enjoy the car now as it is rather than having it laid up with problems or breaking down with problems.
The old bus is now going very well at present and I love the looks now, why ruin that so that's my thinking.

I'll fit the new FMIC and get a final remap and that's about it , not really sure what to do with the parts I've purchased, maybe keep them or sell them on.
The old bus is on 270ish so with a final remap it may just make things 100%

I've found another old bus now that may help scratch that power itch I've got without the need to ruin a very good car that I already have.

have a good one chaps.

Last edited:
Not as such Richard, buying another bus that will hopefully satisfy my hankering for more output without messing up my current old bus, I rather be driving than fixing / repairing now.
I'm all for mods etc but I don't wish to be come a slave to my car , I want to enjoy it.

Allways going to be an Avant Richard, I just really like them.

I've put a deposit on a nice avant bus, but its not available until august as the owners are away in france but at least it secures the purchase.

Sad times but sounds like the right decision for you.

Meanwhile those with less sense are carrying on.

She's in the end of the month for some work ;-)

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Sad times but sounds like the right decision for you.

Meanwhile those with less sense are carrying on.

She's in the end of the month for some work ;-)

I wish you well on your quest chap.:thumbs up:

Car modification is never a sensible choice, its one of passion:help:

with a FMIC, HPFP upgrade and high flow cat you’re only a weekend of work away from an extra 80hp and a boatload of torque to transform how it drives.

Rick’s remote tune
S3 injectors
Hybrid turbo

Did you cancel the turbo order in the end?

Reactions: Charlie Farley

with a FMIC, HPFP upgrade and high flow cat you’re only a weekend of work away from an extra 80hp and a boatload of torque to transform how it drives.

Rick’s remote tune
S3 injectors
Hybrid turbo

Agreed chap, Mr sensible has taken control now , not totally though.
I've already got the HPFP and 034 cat , large bore down pipe at 270, so i'll fit the FMIC and get a final remap, may get a few more ponies to about 280 , but not to fussed .
It's going really well now so i'd rather it stayed that way for as long as possible.

Rick’s remote tune
S3 injectors
Hybrid turbo

No, I've got it still new in a box along with a lot of other nice new goodies, are you in the market for some then.

It's allways ever going to be an RS4 Avant.

Reactions: Sidrick
Well it would seem nobody wants a nice k03/04 hybrid turbo project which is shame as for a few hundred pounds it would make an excellent starting point..

Maybe i should just wack it in and see how things go, i've sold most of the bigger project parts now but cant find a home for these parts.
I'd aborted the project for the most part but it seems a real shame to waste the parts left over , i wonder.

I can't believe you haven't managed to sell it. There's always people seemingly wanting more.

Madness.

It just niggles at me, all sitting in a box waiting to be utilized etc.
As i mentioned recently that i'd pulled the plug on this project but its as if it was destined to happen and i must use the parts, who knows.

Thinking on it this evening it maybe just worth fitting what i have left and seeing what i end up with .
I still need to fit the FMIC and get a final remap done which was allways on the cards so adding the original ko3/4 hybrid turbo parts i picked up from @Beardymat may not add a great deal more work or expense into the project.
As i've sold of the s3 injectors etc aswell i won't be getting into a bigger project all over again.
If it doesnt make much difference then thats fine but at least i've found a good use for some of the left over kit, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

So seems like there maybe a happy ending to this project after all, hopefully.:yahoo: