Charlie Farley's 350BHP & beyond 2.0tfsi BUL Engine and K03/4 upgrade project, maybe just 300bhp now.

Do you know if the standard BUL injectors are ok for 300-325 bhp or will you need the high flow variety from the s3?
Do you plan on changing the turbo? If not then the standard injectors are fine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Do you plan on changing the turbo? If not then the standard injectors are fine.

I’ve got a k03 hybrid fitted, just wondering if Rob is planning to use the standard injectors or not?

spec below, they are £600 from venom turbos. I need fuel pump internals for sure as with the current map it’s cutting boost at 5000 rpm, can’t maintain 120bar

Over Sized K04 Aluminium Billet Hi-flow Compressor Wheel With Extended Tip Height
• Machined Compressor Housing, Profiled and Polished to Minimum Tolerances for Optimum Flow of The Charged Air
• Uprated 360° thrust kit
• Step Gapped Performance Shaft Piston Ring

I’ve got a k03 hybrid fitted, just wondering if Rob is planning to use the standard injectors or not?

spec below, they are £600 from venom turbos. I need fuel pump internals for sure as with the current map it’s cutting boost at 5000 rpm, can’t maintain 120bar

Over Sized K04 Aluminium Billet Hi-flow Compressor Wheel With Extended Tip Height
• Machined Compressor Housing, Profiled and Polished to Minimum Tolerances for Optimum Flow of The Charged Air
You'll probably need an uprated PRV. The RS4 one should be plenty. I have one I could sell you if interested. To answer your original question, you would probably benefit from S3 injectors especially if you plan on flowing more fuel.

can you clarify that this is for the stock k03 turbine housing, or did you send that off for it to bored out?
Ko3 turbine will limit power compared to ko4 size

It’s a K03 housing bored/machined out for a K04 billet compressor

ive changed my mind and im not going to do mine now so i have a few bits im not going to use... whats the best place to advertise them
8a7dc777f7ca947ee62a0237221ea57a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

So a bit of an update on this project chaps.
With all the up's and down with the old bus and parts i'd put the project on hold as I just wasn't getting into it with probs just taking the edge of it.
After a chance business meeting today with a guy who also turns out to be into b7 's it has restored my faith in the old girl and renewed my interest in completeing the project.
Went out for a spin in his 300bhp b7 2.0t saloon and it went really well , but in all honesty my old bus with 270 is still way better , much quicker of the line and midrange in the old bus leaves him standing.

I've allways thought my old bus was good even as it is at 270, but this just confirms it and now means 300bhp won't suffice , I need to go for more 350-400 without doubt to make that real butt kicking performance I was looking to get from it.

I know we all say, it's not allways about the bhp and go faster factor, but hey it is all about just that otherwise why do it..lol.

So i'm working on resolving the current fault issues , i'm not giving in to things that easy and in the mean time getting back ontrack with parts etc for this project.

When one stops and weights up the pro and cons of doing this to a b7 avant , the pro's wins hands down.
I'd end up with a nice B7 avant that's nice looking but not over the top but beneath the bonnet lives a beast ready to be unleashed, well that's how I look at it.

Onwards and upwards I go.:icon thumright::yahoo:

Reactions: AvantMike
Good to hear, did you drop the k03 off to be bored out for a k04 turbine and compressor?

HPFP
S3 injectors
FMIC

and you’re good to go aren't you

Nope, I was going too but all the fuffing around with issues halted that.
As I'm looking at a higher figure now I may just go with a new fully built up ko4 hybrid ready to fit.
I suppose I could still get the other one enlarged, rebuild it all and then sell it on as a complete ready too fit unit, just a side thought really as I cant use both setups.

Was the saloon 2wd or 4wd Rob? Curious as I'm currently on my way to get as close to that figure as possible without over working the ko3 so I'm interested to see if it will keep me entertained?

Realistically though i cant see it making much more than 290hp without being unreliable, could be wrong but its not exactly brand new anymore.

It was a quattro ricky , I'm not going to touch my fitted BUL lump based on the figures I wish to achieve, and trying to find a decent used engine is never going to be easy now so possibly looking at buying another whole B7 as a donor car ,using the parts I need to get a decent starting point to for an engine rebuild , then scrapping the rest of the donor car.

Are you looking at the 420/430 hp spec ko4’s?

The ATP 450 hp kit keeps talking to me to put it on a credit card.....

Its $3000 stateside so you have to be creative to avoid the 20% surcharge to the UK and it still needs the same ancillaries as a Ko4 hybrid.

I got an email the other day about a discount on ko4 kits, my credit card was getting itchy in my wallet, lol

Attachments

• 21B534F4-3DA2-4565-8863-D44D2102F47F.png
    21B534F4-3DA2-4565-8863-D44D2102F47F.png
    494.2 KB · Views: 265
Its $3000 stateside so you have to be creative to avoid the 20% surcharge to the UK and it still needs the same ancillaries as a Ko4 hybrid.

I got an email the other day about a discount on ko4 kits, my credit card was getting itchy in my wallet, lol
If that gets you around 450hp then that seems like its priced well, im still concerned about the price of a clutch for stage 2+ let alone one thats going to handle what I expect to be atleast 450ft lbs from that turbo lol

I wouldn't risk that on a base engine , even a VGC unit.
An uprated clutch, rods, bearings at least to go with that, and that's ontop of s3 injectors , RS4 PRV etc, uprated HPFP , FMIC etc

After some more research today It would seem the k03 hybrid route will struggle to get the 400 mark due to the compressor outlet size so i'm going to invest directly into a pre built KO4 hybrid that will drop straight in and produce the extra ponies, this means I have a some bits over now that I don't require , I was going to keep them but I just wont use them now , a bit of a shame really as I was hoping they would have been ideal, but maybe a good starting point for someone else.
If anyone is interested drop me a PM.

400bhp is fine for me , it's still almost double the stock figure.

I didn’t see Any bad reviews when I researched, just people laughing that there was serious fuel cut in the dyno and it was obviously a conservative tune by ATP.

the 450hp version with external wastegate looks nice but the price tag goes up a fair bit more.
Uprated fuelling system and should be an animal then.

Is the TTE420 hybrid a drop in solution or reworking required.

Not sure if this will be any use to you Rob but just been browsing on Copart and found this

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/29475020

No details or specifics and no guarantee its a BUL but if it comes cheap and you can find a way of bidding it might come cheap.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Not sure if this will be any use to you Rob but just been browsing on Copart and found this

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/29475020

No details or specifics and no guarantee its a BUL but if it comes cheap and you can find a way of bidding it might come cheap.

And it's not too far away from me, has to be worth a go .

Early BUL engines had silver covers, later came with black covers.
unless I can see what that bar code says , it could be any other of the bunch.

Last edited:
I may give them a call tomorrow and ask if they can confirm the bar code label data and the code stamped on the engine.