Just Rob's 350BHP & beyond 2.0tfsi BUL Engine and K03/4 upgrade project, maybe just 300bhp now.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
I'm hoping to get the enlarged K03 housing back next week so hopefully crack on with the turbo build part of the project.:yahoo:

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
It would be become a de-cat pipe.

How would you compare the decat pipe that was fitted against the 034 HFC Richard, any noticible differences in low end and midrange ?

norad97

To be honest I don't think there was much difference that I recall, apart from the car was a bit quieter,
as I said Rob, I was glad the decat pipe was removed,
The 034 Cat would be good, if it did have such a **** cat, what a waste off money.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
To be honest I don't think there was much difference that I recall, apart from the car was a bit quieter,
as I said Rob, I was glad the decat pipe was removed,
The 034 Cat would be good, if it did have such a **** cat, what a waste off money.

Do you have a res or non res miltek Richard, i'm just contemplating gutting the 034 as an experiment , noise level wise it maynot to much difference to the intact 034 cat when used with a res based setup.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Would a switchable tune not be a decent idea to your cat problem? Go full VW :)

How would it help the CAT emissions Scott?

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Afternoon chaps, reviving this thread again as it seems appropriate now.
I know I've been on and off this project more times than I can remember but I've been spurred on again by other similar projects recently and the tinkering part of me just cannot let it go..lol

So as we know the old bus is currently around the 270 mark and it does go well, for the most part that is.
I'm still not fully sure going upwards in the bhp dept is really the best plan but I need to scratch the itch, I'm thinking 325 ish as a sensible and reliable figure.
If I can increase things from the current 270 which is fine to be honest, it gets down the road like stink, by another 50-60 bhp then that will be very nice.

It's easy to go for big numbers and then that reliable old bus becomes a problematic and unreliable old bus, which is what I do not want, some extra ponies to satisfy my project side with a bit of extra welly for the satisfaction part of me.:yes:

So I'm thinking of the best route to take, I don't plan on throwing shed loads of cash at it this time around, just enough to get a reliable setup that works well and still have a user-friendly old bus.
This project is never a cheap low-cost undertaking but its very easy to let things get out of control and ending up spending more and more and then just getting sick of things, I don't want that, I want to get it done for a sensible price in a sensible time frame so I can enjoy the car, not to have it laid up for months.

So that is the new 2021 revived project plan.:thumbs up:

Upwards and onwards then.

Rob

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Just been reading a few online threads on different sites re BBT hybrids, there have been issues with owners not getting any help or support from BBT and turbo's failing.
Given @Dan_Avant has also had similar issues i may give BBT's a miss.

Ricky Burrows

Just been reading a few online threads on different sites re BBT hybrids, there have been issues with owners not getting any help or support from BBT and turbo's failing.
Given @Dan_Avant has also had similar issues i may give BBT's a miss.
CTS and JHM are the only viable options for a k04 to be honest Rob there be more reliable and efficient than ko3/4 hybrid, 325hp will be really easy with a half about decent set up your stock middle and end exhaust will be fine so your cut cost there and more than likely that smaller fmic i remember you having, just fit injectors, hpfp and turbo and your be good to go and relatively cheap cost wise.

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
One area I do wish address is the oil cooler.
I've had quick snoop on the webby and found this.

upload_2021-2-7_20-49-54.png

Ricky Burrows

One area I do wish address is the oil cooler.
I've had quick snoop on the webby and found this.

View attachment 215468
Well over priced Rob, an oil cooler off ebay or amazon with some braided hoses and fittings will be a quarter of that price and do the same job.

i3oricua

I'm Just Rob.

Moderating or something,
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
And yes this part of my ever increasing b7 project list is still happening, just beavering away in the background. :thumbs up:

WOMBLERULZ

Will a k04 64 s3 complete turbo work from a low mileage S3 cdl engine work with s3 inj etc to give 300bhp plus ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan_Avant

Will a k04 64 s3 complete turbo work from a low mileage S3 cdl engine work with s3 inj etc to give 300bhp plus ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it will but the turbo isn’t a direct fit.

There’s slight variations on the hot side of the turbo so it won’t pair up to a K03 specific cat/exhaust and you will need to relocate the DV as it’s integral on a K03 but separate on a K04