Charlie Farley's 2.0tfsi Full PCV Delete project, and why you need to do it too.

Yeah it's definitely better than nothing mate. with that set up its really only oil going in through the secondary oil separator and what little makes it past catch can I guess.

So this is what i did today. Bought heat shield to the hose and catch can.

The heat shield around the hose is aluminium with glass fiber inside and can with stand 1000celius and continues 500celcius also the heat shield to the catch can.

All the S3 turbo upgrade is bought K04-064 turbocharger and S3 nozzle next step...

What i have now:

K04-F23L Turbocharger
3" de-cat pipe
2.5" custom exhaust
Big fmic
Hpfp upgrade
RS4 return valve
Red coils
Kn air filter
034 motorsport turbo inlet hose
Dtuk pedal+
Dtuk tcu

295bhp and 391nm

Going after 330-350bhp and 470-550nm

Attachments

• 20190202_130043-1512x2016.jpg
    20190202_130043-1512x2016.jpg
    963.4 KB · Views: 428
  • 20190202_130100-1512x2016.jpg
    20190202_130100-1512x2016.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 460
  • 20190202_130050-1512x2016.jpg
    20190202_130050-1512x2016.jpg
    719.4 KB · Views: 427
  • 20190202_130112-1512x2016.jpg
    20190202_130112-1512x2016.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 470
  • 20190202_130115-1512x2016.jpg
    20190202_130115-1512x2016.jpg
    574.1 KB · Views: 448
  • 20190202_130753-1512x2016.jpg
    20190202_130753-1512x2016.jpg
    768 KB · Views: 523
  • 20190202_134930-1512x2016.jpg
    20190202_134930-1512x2016.jpg
    779.3 KB · Views: 496
  • 20190202_134934-1512x2016.jpg
    20190202_134934-1512x2016.jpg
    849.7 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:
Reactions: Baka, Charlie Farley and AUD1_AL_2.0t
Nice!!

I'm planning a decat, remap, and panel filter at some point this year. (All going well that is)

Fitted my new pcv today to get me by until I get time to do the delete but the engine still has a whistle off it when cold and on partial throttle and still draws air in through the oil filler cap when removed.

Any thoughts on this one?

I'm thinking it could be the cam cover.

The heat shield around the hose is aluminium with glass fiber inside and can with stand 1000celius and continues 500celcius also the heat shield to the catch can.

All the S3 turbo upgrade is bought K04-064 turbocharger and S3 nozzle next step...

What i have now:

K04-F23L Turbocharger
3" de-cat pipe
2.5" custom exhaust
Big fmic
Hpfp upgrade
RS4 return valve
Red coils
Kn air filter
034 motorsport turbo inlet hose
Dtuk pedal+
Dtuk tcu

295bhp and 391nm

Going after 330-350bhp and 470-550nm

looks like some nice bits and some good bhp increases but don't forget the clutch will need an upgrade if you haven't already done it.:icon thumright:

looks like some nice bits and some good bhp increases but don't forget the clutch will need an upgrade if you haven't already done it.:icon thumright:

Driving and Tip-Tronic it should hold I've been told...

Hello mates..this thread has been stagnant for some time! Any updates of feed back on your current set up?

I'm still working on updates to this , quietly working on a major revision and will update things when its up and running, watch this thread shortly.

have a good one chaps
rob

Reactions: AUD1_AL_2.0t
Ok chaps, I have removed my setup and re-instated the oem pcv for a few weeks while I get the new setup organised and fitted.
Should be much better and much tidier , will update accordingly .

rob

Reactions: AUD1_AL_2.0t
Afternoon all.

Would anyone be interested in my old setup, some is brand new and never fitted so my need addtional parts etc depending how you want to run it. Only selling as the cars about to be sold and i never got around to do this.

In the kit is:
Rtech blanking plate (bought used).
Mishimoto style 3 port catch can catch, i have added a drain tap at the bottom for easier emptying. (New but tested fitted in bay)
3 x 19mm barbed fittings (new)
3metres red oil resistant hose (new)
Turbo blanking plate (new)

Hope this is ok Rob, if not ill remove it.

haven't forgot you Paul, been busy sorting out other issues.
will drop you a pm shortly.

rob

Hi Rob, I hope you don't mind me saying this, but it seems like you planned to offer a kit to help the community, with little or no profit, and with that in mind you didn't want to 'release' something that wasn't perfect or may be seen as overpriced (due to good quality components).

I say... Release the best you can, suck it up that you may need to provide (limited) support to some idiots, and whack a couple of hundred quid on the price to cover your time and effort. The testing you've done with this is probably far more than most established sellers have for similar products, and B7 owners are dying for a tried and tested fix for their PCV woes.

If you're confident in your solution then you should make a little $$. Getting it to 'production' would also benefit the community far more than not doing it for free :)

how much do the parts add up? I have been keeping my eye on this forum since 2017. I like the idea of using the turbo side as a oil catch can. does pvc suck the air because of the turbo side or just dribble gasses?

Rob, since you're the expert and probably the most experienced with this setup I need to ask you a question, is there any reason this will cause oil burning and a bit of blue smoke?

no reason at all, oil consumption will go up a bit as the catch tank will be retaining contaminated oil etc that would normally just get returned to sump etc.
blue smoke is burning oil , when are you seeing the smoke, on idle or under load ?
Ensure you are not sucking oil up from first oil separator.

no reason at all, oil consumption will go up a bit as the catch tank will be retaining contaminated oil etc that would normally just get returned to sump etc.
blue smoke is burning oil , when are you seeing the smoke, on idle or under load ?
Ensure you are not sucking oil up from first oil separator.
Im seeing the smoke at idle and when throttling down. Can you point out the mentioned oil separator?

Rob id take one of these kits when you get sorted mate

Thanks -David

My newly designed Full pcv delete is almost ready now, a few tweaks to the modified valve cover design and some serious testing and its done.
All in a much more integrated setup with less pipework , joints. Catch tank only requires the dual ports aswell .
Anyway , as soon as its fitted fully and testing is ok i'll update fully with kit details and cost.

rob

Reactions: Metalsmurf, AUD1_AL_2.0t, Sid2go and 2 others
My newly designed Full pcv delete is almost ready now, a few tweaks to the modified valve cover design and some serious testing and its done.
All in a much more integrated setup with less pipework , joints. Catch tank only requires the dual ports aswell .
Anyway , as soon as its fitted fully and testing is ok i'll update fully with kit details and cost.

rob

Cannot wait!

rob
Was searching pros and cons to the delete and came across this group and your thread, was a good read over a couple cuppas, very interested in doing this mod, curious to your new design, and when you expect to be telling people as I don't want to do your original then in few days or weeks you release a even better version, great thread. World needs more people like you

s-l300.jpg

I am wondering why did you block off the port from the most right? Isnt that the port from the primary oil seperator?
What if, I install this delete plate, still allowing the passage from the primary oil seperator, and connect a hose from the rear PCV port to the oil catch can? Will it work well?

s-l300.jpg

I am wondering why did you block off the port from the most right? Isnt that the port from the primary oil seperator?
What if, I install this delete plate, still allowing the passage from the primary oil seperator, and connect a hose from the rear PCV port to the oil catch can? Will it work well?

I am thinking on doing the same... would this be OK?

s-l300.jpg

I remember buying this kit of ebay for £20, the plate is nice and flat but the end cap that goes onto the intake manifold feels a little loose.

didnt you have any space behind the radiator or headlight. looks a little risky having it above the exhaust.
Or does the placement matter like having it level to the valve cover?

thanks for the great article and a really interesting thread. I will give rtech a call about the PCV delete.

regards,

C

thanks for the great article and a really interesting thread. I will give rtech a call about the PCV delete.

regards,

C
Hi Mate, did you call rtech?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Hi Mate, did you call rtech?

No I have not yet. I will email them to day. I have just got my car's wheels aligned and ordered DRL lights, indicator lights and number lights from EMtuning. The number lights for the A4 B7 quattro special edition, I want say seem fussy as I have a companying loom to insert requiring me to remember the boot card and triangle. Insert the loom under the boot card and then can insert the number plate lights. I currently have bixenon lights similar to the RS4.

Cleo

Reactions: Donfero
No I have not yet. I will email them to day. I have just got my car's wheels aligned and ordered DRL lights, indicator lights and number lights from EMtuning. The number lights for the A4 B7 quattro special edition, I want say seem fussy as I have a companying loom to insert requiring me to remember the boot card and triangle. Insert the loom under the boot card and then can insert the number plate lights. I currently have bixenon lights similar to the RS4.

Cleo
Seems you have a busy schedule.

Hi Rob . i have a 3 port catch tank and a new 4 piece silicone intercooler hose kit. and new throttle body hose . turbo block off plate. . but im totally lost on whuch pipes go where. already have a pcv blockoff plate fitted with pipe going to bottom oil breather. please help.. thanks ade

primary oil separator goes to catch tank 1 input, VC outlet goes to catch tank input 2 , turbo return port is blanked off, VC ports pcv port have a full delete plate and catch tank outlet goes to TIP or similar point.

hope that helps , if not drop me a pm for a more detailed reply.

have a good one

rob

Sorry to hastle you again Rob........ Back in June you were close to a final operational solution to 'kit-ify' for all us eager beavers to just 'bolt on'.
Any closer? (he said hopefully.....)

It is, being running a very modified setup for sometime now and thus far no probs whatsoever.
My plan is to complete the testing by the end of 2019 , then offer the kits in early 2020.
Final price is to be confirmed shortly and will be on an order basis only i'm afraid due to fluctuation costs on certain parts.
hope that clarifies things chap.

I haven't disclosed any info pics yet in case my design gets copied by someone, but all will become clear very soon.

rob

Hey Rob, just curious from the pictures of your set up why you ran the hose that usually goes to back into the turbo to your catch can? Didn't you block off the PCV completely so shouldn’t no oil/gunk be in there anyways? Doing my own setup and just trying to understand further. Thanks

Because there will still be oil vapour out of that port , it still needs venting .
Instead of it going directly into the turbo, just blank of the turbo port itself and run the vent back to the catchtank, that way both sides are dealt with and air can then be returned back to the TIP .
I ran the setup for a quite some time and it worked spot on.