Just Retrofitted Flat Bottom MFSW!!

JamS3

Reaction score
At last after it not being specced on my car and always looking at them and wishing I had one I took the plunge and bought a Flat Bottom wheel and airbag from german ebay off a 2007 TT S-Line.

The wheel is identical to the S3 one, apart from the S3 badge at the bottom but thats sorted now with mine from the original wheel on (same size).

Everything fits, airbag works, well no warning light on so happy days!

Not got the multi function part to work yet as I need to make a wiring loom but not really bothered to be honest as its the look/feel of the wheel I really like.

So for all the budding retrofitters with a S3 or A3 who fancy putting a flat bottom wheel in 2007 TT ones fit!!

jam if u dont mind me asking, ho wmuch did it set u back???

and do you understand german, iv been on the german ebay, its hardly in english using the pictures is abit risky when ordering parts. lol

Soupie69uk said:
Cool, it work out cheaper or more expensive then the audi option when specing the car?

Not much more really, the factory option was £270 if I remember right.

Buying from Audi now would set you back about £330 for the steering wheel and the airbag is around £500.

I got it all for £340 inc postage to my door from Germany.

Just thought, I got DSG! Paddles on the wheel!! DOH, would this work with the old TT jam????? My cousin would do it straight way, pics when you can!

N8KOW said:
That is excellent. Can you find me some links Jam.

Do an advanced search for "Audi Lenkrad" on ebay make sure you select european union or worldwide.

Good luck!!

John, could you find me a multi-function 1 with DSG paddles, then I'd buy it, can I have some pics of yours please? I'd sell my MFSW on ebay then as well.

I've just spoke to that guy at http://www.vwcruise.com/18.html 'Gareth' his name is and he said that its possible for my car. It's £450 fitted + £300 for a new airbag! £750 expensive but mine should reach £250 on ebay with the MFSW 3 spoke S-Line one plus the airbag, looks like I'd better get saving!!

ah, you need a new airbag on top of his price then ? ****** !

how come they can't swap over the airbag ? do they not transfer over ?

No it requires a new airbag as its a different steering wheel. I will save now so I can get it. It will just finish the dashboard imo. Plus its the same wheel as the gallardo :icon_thumright:

cool :)

mine would need a vag-com to code up the buttons as my current wheel is a standard-issue no button jobbie :(

don't have vag-com ... arrgghhh

Airbag is a completely different shape on the flat bottom multi function wheel, a big round circle one!

Excellent, I'll just get mine through that Gareth guy, I'm defo on this mod now. I have fallen in love with the steering wheel, my gf said "you're not payin £500 for that!!" oh well - what she doesn't know won't hurt her :lmfao:

Hi all, greetings from Sunny Australia.

I have a 2005 A3 3.2 DSG 3 Door, just wanted to say that I have fitted a 07 TT Steering wheel to my car. No stero controls, they did not come with them back then in AUS.
The prices you guys are throwing around are sensational, I paid over 700 pounds for mine including Airbag. Buy them, you will be amazed at the difference it makes, the steering wheel is amazing.

David

Davidd003 said:
Hi all, greetings from Sunny Australia.

I have a 2005 A3 3.2 DSG 3 Door, just wanted to say that I have fitted a 07 TT Steering wheel to my car. No stero controls, they did not come with them back then in AUS.
The prices you guys are throwing around are sensational, I paid over 700 pounds for mine including Airbag. Buy them, you will be amazed at the difference it makes, the steering wheel is amazing.

David

Have you got any pics of your car David, inside and out, looks like you've done alot of modding already. £700 sterling?

Hiya,

Would you mind telling me the part no. for the Flat bottom multifunction steering wheel?

drnutta
Hiya,

Would you mind telling me the part no. for the Flat bottom multifunction steering wheel?

I looked up my invoices and the Airbag part no: 8J0 880 201E 6PS
The steering wheel part no: 8J0 419 091A 1Kt.
I know its not the mutifunction but I would imagine that the Airbag would be common to both. Might help someone else.

And to answer N8KOW, the price was exactly 715.38 pounds. (off the invoices). it converted at the time to 1,700.00 Aussie, and before you scream the price of the Airbag locally (from Audi) is around $1,700, I did not bother asking about the steering wheel, probably the same.
So I reckon its a bit of a bargin.

Pics to come once I get past the post embargo.

David

Reactions: S3_NDJ
Thanks for the info and the pictures. The flat bottom steering honestly looks about 10 MILLION TIMES better than your old 1. I'm doing that mod, without a doubt!!

you are not wrong about the looks, and the feel is amazing.

Test drive a TT if you can and you will know that the cost is worth every cent.

Jam have you got a picture of your wheel that you could put up?

Is this any good?

2060801.007.1L.jpg

I think so, go to vagparts and navigate to -

Catalogue overview >>> Audi >>> TT 8J model 2006 onwards >>> Interior >>> Interior parts

10080007300_300x249.jpg

You are. Just. An absolute WONDERFUL PERSON John. I wud kiss you if I could lol. thankyou so much. the forum needs more kind people like you and less moany petty people like bowfer

Thank you!! :hi:

I remember talking to Jamie about the badges, but I couldn't remember where I'd seen the damn things... On the flip side you must be able to get the S3 badge too... But Jamie isn't too good with badges at the moment ;)

N8KOW said:
I'm getting the TT FBSW is it possible to put the s-line badge into it? Where the 'S3' is on that wheel? It is GORGEOUS btw

N8KOW

It will come with the s-line badge from the person you are ordering it from so dont order one just yet!

Thats okay then. I might get a re-trim in my interior anyway, we'll wait and see. There's no s-line one in the picture though, guy wants €481 buy it now, ill take my chances with the auction.

JamS3 said:
Not got the multi function part to work yet as I need to make a wiring loom but not really bothered to be honest as its the look/feel of the wheel I really like.

Jamie,

Have a look at this link I know you like reading German! this guy mentions part number 8P0 971 589 Q which may be the loom you need to get your buttons working, about €20 from Audi. Good luck!