Just put my S3 up for sale :/

whitex8p

Reaction score
I have decided to go traveling for a year to Australia and thailand so the s3 has to go, it has been a good car for the seven months i since have had it even tho i had to replace the clutch and flywheel. I have not been very impressed with the main dealers tho rip of merchants, the only thing i don't like is the steering its not very involving and is light. I am going to save 10k for my next car so thinking e46 m3 or r32 mk5 i want something that sounds nice next as the s3 is pretty flat sounding.

R32 all day long. If I didn't have my car I would definitely be wanting one of them. You will never tire of that V6

Reactions: whitex8p
R32 all day long. If I didn't have my car I would definitely be wanting one of them. You will never tire of that V6

I have always wanted one ever since the mk4 came out but i really like the m3 too its more maintenance tho

I have always wanted one ever since the mk4 came out but i really like the m3 too its more maintenance tho

hmmm the e46 doesn't do much for me I am afraid the interior quality in bmws didn't meet my expectations for a car of its class in comparison to any vag cars iv owned. depends what you are looking for. R32 is just a great car in general. good looking. good build quality. iconic. sounds better than anything in its class.

I'd take an E46 M3 over a MK5 R32 every day. Personally I did tire of the R32's V6 - it sounds great but just doesn't have the punch that I like.

Your looking too far into the future I think.
You might need your £10k to bring your thai bride back over with you lol (remember the reach around, could save you a lot of embarrassment) hope you have a good trip anyway, good look selling the S3

Reactions: whitex8p and davc
Your looking too far into the future I think.
You might need your £10k to bring your thai bride back over with you lol (remember the reach around, could save you a lot of embarrassment) hope you have a good trip anyway, good look selling the S3
hahaha i am not really into the thai wowen, hopefully there will be loads of european and aussie girls there.

Finding a good R32 is quite a challenge. Many have worn seat bolsters and the cam chains can be a worry.
A couple of weeks ago we went to look at a "mint one" 80 miles away corky son. Absolute rubbish and would have taken a fortune to fix.

Back in 2006 I went on lots of R32 test drives as I really like the sound but the performance never quite matched up and the interior was poorer than my mk iv Gti.
The S3 came out and after 1 test drive my order was placed.