Just picked up new A3. Accelerator peddle question!

scoss

Reaction score
Ok I'm coming from a corsa so bare with me on this. I'm driving a 150hp 8v manual. I've noticed driving that the peddle goes down to a certain point, then if I push harder it moves another half and inch. What is the purpose of this?

Thanks

It is for an S-tronic, they refer to it as the 'kick-down' which will select the 'lowest' possible gear for the automatic box.

Sadly they don't remove it from the manuals.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Oh ok so us manual folk just have to ignore this then?

Thanks for clearing this up anyway!

Reactions: Audi Toby
doesn't it say in the owners manual that if the car is in efficiency mode, that in manual cars it will change to dynamic for maximum available acceleration if you press the accelerator fully down? It used to do it in my old A3 8v Manual (2014)

Reactions: h1r4 and Audi Toby
doesn't it say in the owners manual that if the car is in efficiency mode, that in manual cars it will change to dynamic for maximum available acceleration if you press the accelerator fully down? It used to do it in my old A3 8v Manual (2014)

Maybe mate, I'm only giving advise from a S-tronic S3, best bet would be for the OP to check his/her manual.

Or you could test it by leaving the MMI screen on the 'car' setting and testing the 'kick-down' to see if it changes.

I remember something like that in the handbook too. I don't think it actually changes to dynamic mode, but from what I remember if it's in efficiency mode it won't use full throttle unless you trigger that kickdown switch.

This...