Sportback Just picked up my RS3!

j0nny2013

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So I just picked up my RS3 and I love it.

I have a few questions if anyone can help? I used to have Apple Car Play and I know you can get it retrofitted but not sure if anyone has had this done and if they are happy with it? The car is 2016 and it has NAV but its not been updated and not sure how I would update it if I didn't end up doing the Apple Car Play.? Any help on what my options are?

One of the main reasons I liked the Apple Car Play is being able to use my Tom Tom app which had speed camera detection on as well which always came in handy. The Audi NAV does not and I really would like to get them back lol

Reactions: Jcbmally
Hi Guys,

I have a few questions if anyone can help? I used to have Apple Car Play and I know you can get it retrofitted but not sure if anyone has had this done and if they are happy with it? The car is 2016 and it has NAV but its not been updated and not sure how I would update it if I didn't end up doing the Apple Car Play.? Any help on what my options are?

One of the main reasons I liked the Apple Car Play is being able to use my Tom Tom app which had speed camera detection on as well which always came in handy. The Audi NAV does not and I really would like to get them back lol

Facelift onwards I’m afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it may be possible on a PFL if he has MIB2 ?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: j0nny2013
Retrofit MIB2 or Chinese Airplay box.

Hi Guys,

Post a picture of your Sat Nav/Centre console if you have MIB2/ "Navigation system high" you should be able to get it flashed onto their.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

AB9E4CFB DE72 486D B244 32A07942CC76

Attachments

• 6A863B98-89BF-428E-99CA-D8BF2B4FC3D2.jpeg
    6A863B98-89BF-428E-99CA-D8BF2B4FC3D2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 112
That’s just the standard MIB1. Not high.

Your buttons near the jog wheel black too ?

If you had ‘High’ unit they’d be silver.

Yeah doesn’t look like it’s high.
Mine are black and screen is smaller.
I can still retro fit Apple car play still I think

Not the OEM/proper Audi one though unless you retrofit a MIB2 system.

You'll need to use an aftermarket box to give you Airplay.

Anyone tried this before and if so what were your experiences? Sound quality ok?

I've also got a pfl and would quite like Carplay (I have MIB1 'high' with the higher res display, as part of the tech pack)

Yeah it would be aftermarket but they seem to do a very similar job.
Like you, I’d like to know what the sound implications would be though.

I went aftermarket route and it’s great, will get a pic for you tomorrow.

Around £400, from Unique-AD.
Took around an hour to fit, bit fiddly but not too bad.
Well worth it in my opinion over the awful MIB low.

Reactions: j0nny2013 and jimojameso