Just ordered

abmat

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
A 21 plate avant in Daytona grey 40tdi with 1200 miles on the clock. Only registered at the start of this month.

Bought it to replace our C6 which we’ve had for 8 years. Got a stonking deal on it, paid 34.5k nearly 12k off list price and 2 free services and at a monthly I was comfortable with. Hopefully will have it by the end of the week.

The first new car I’ve bought, normally got ones at 3 years old, but can’t wait to pick it up. :)

Reactions: Steve940, RAF_S7 and Sandra
Congratulations on the new car. We all look forward to the pics.

Reactions: abmat
Sounds very nice...ais that your.ducati in your.profile.pic ??? I had agreed a px on my bike to get the new v4...but decided a new car was more needed first...maybe next year

I wish it was mine. That was a d16rr that I snapped at a bike show many years ago.
I’m bikeless now. Has a 848 then a diavel. Wish I’d never sold the 848. Loved it.

Reactions: Sandra
Well collection has now slipped. I’m buying the service managers car and apparently they can’t get a vehicle from another dealership until Friday, then pdi, shortage of technicians blah blah blah.

Means the better half can’t use it to go on holiday but has to take the car it’s replacing. Right pain in the butt as that’s sold.

Has anyone used the free drive away insurance? I’m going to have to as we will still own the vehicle that’s it’s replacing on the insurance policy

Well collection has now slipped. I’m buying the service managers car and apparently they can’t get a vehicle from another dealership until Friday, then pdi, shortage of technicians blah blah blah.

Means the better half can’t use it to go on holiday but has to take the car it’s replacing. Right pain in the butt as that’s sold.

Has anyone used the free drive away insurance? I’m going to have to as we will still own the vehicle that’s it’s replacing on the insurance policy
I always use the free 5 day insurance, it saves you changing yours and getting the cover note to the dealer to get the car taxed. It gives a bit of flexibility if the handover is delayed by a day or two. It’s a 5 minute phone call to sort.

I always use the free 5 day insurance, it saves you changing yours and getting the cover note to the dealer to get the car taxed. It gives a bit of flexibility if the handover is delayed by a day or two. It’s a 5 minute phone call to sort.
Cheers. Thank you for the reply. The salesman has sent me a number. I take it I have to arrange this myself?

Well no car for me. After waiting for 2 days for photos I went to the dealer this afternoon.
Car was brought round and it was missing the one thing I wanted, virtual cockpit. I was told it had this.
This, plus a few other issues meant I declined the car. The sales manager, once I explained my grievances was quite sympathetic, the main one being that I already had a quote through Carwow for a brand new blackline W/tech pack for not much more than I was paying to this car. All being well he has sources me a new vehicle in glacier white W/tech pack and bigger fuel tank (which they’re not charging me for). This is what I wanted in the first place, but now many used out there with virtual cockpit, and the ones I found the pcp quotes were coming out higher than a new vehicle.

fingers crossed I get good news tomorrow that he’s secured it from audis stock.

Reactions: NevMan
Well no car for me. After waiting for 2 days for photos I went to the dealer this afternoon.
Car was brought round and it was missing the one thing I wanted, virtual cockpit. I was told it had this.
This, plus a few other issues meant I declined the car. The sales manager, once I explained my grievances was quite sympathetic, the main one being that I already had a quote through Carwow for a brand new blackline W/tech pack for not much more than I was paying to this car. All being well he has sources me a new vehicle in glacier white W/tech pack and bigger fuel tank (which they’re not charging me for). This is what I wanted in the first place, but now many used out there with virtual cockpit, and the ones I found the pcp quotes were coming out higher than a new vehicle.

What a shame, but maybe all
For the better…fingers crossed

Thanks. The first new car I’ve bought and I’m not comprising. The only thing I wanted it didn’t have and I was told it did.

think it’s standard now, but the one I was going to buy must have been just before the crossover even though it was registered 2 weeks ago. Old stock?

Thanks. The first new car I’ve bought and I’m not comprising. The only thing I wanted it didn’t have and I was told it did.

think it’s standard now, but the one I was going to buy must have been just before the crossover even though it was registered 2 weeks ago. Old stock?

Maybe got caught up in the semiconductor (chip) shortage meaning many manufacturers are having to remove options. For example Mini only do the new digital dash if you spec Tech + and it was standard across the range before then

Interesting. I did some research a week ago and the tech pack was on the configuration. Now it isn’t.

Yes, the Tech Pack is now standard for MY22 vehicles. Not sure when MY22 production starts, it used to be around mid-May (Wk22) but in recent years Audi seems to have moved away from that, maybe after the ususal summer shutdown? In part it explains the good deal I got on my MY21 car as dealers looked to offload scheduled production cars before the change was announced.

Reactions: abmat and NevMan

The issue with a used car is it normally attracts a higher APR than a new car. Audi Finance also contributes to a new car finance deal, so it sometimes works best to go new with the lower APR and deposit contribution than a used car where there is little wriggle room on the price... Glad you've got a new car lined up instead though.

When I spoke to my dealer MY22 they're expecting to see some point next year. There's still production issues and further delays with cars that are ordered with the comfort and sound pack due to the chip issues and I think a lot of customer orders have taken any available slots for now from the dealers also.

Well the saga continues. White car couldn’t be secured.

So instead I have secured, confirmed, on its way, a MY22 filament blue blackline. Arrived in the UK today, direct collect by dealer next week from port once cleared customs. They honoured my Carwow deal and also the 2 free services that were in my original used car deal.
More than happy. Fingers crossed I will collect end of next week.

Reactions: DaveW, TSFIe and NevMan
Collection day today. :)

Well that is as long as a delivery I’m waiting for on site turns up.

Reactions: Sandra and Mr_P87
Collected today :). Love the colour. Sometimes looks blue, sometimes black and under lights a bit purple. Got everything I could want and more, but the best bit is the illuminated sills. Wasn’t expecting that.

pics in the pic thread.

Reactions: Sandra, DRkNESS, daytonamart and 1 other person
Collected today :). Love the colour. Sometimes looks blue, sometimes black and under lights a bit purple. Got everything I could want and more, but the best bit is the illuminated sills. Wasn’t expecting that.

pics in the pic thread.
Nice - have you got the carbon weave on the dash and black gloss by gear shifter- i believe all MY22 cars have this?

Nice - have you got the carbon weave on the dash and black gloss by gear shifter- i believe all MY22 cars have this?
Yes. I have. And the headlights are slightly different too apparently.

Reactions: Djdjdjdox
Once I’m done in the pub I will do. It’s the internals that are different

3A2E02F5 476E 4016 A5CB 741FCDCA6D02

All is not well.

This morning the a/c was nice and cold. This afternoon not so. Even on low the air coming out of the vents is only barely chilled and doesn’t really change with the settings. No errors on dash.

A call to the dealers I think unless I’m missing something.

Update. The aircon has decided to start working again. Car is booked in for Thursday, but unless they can provide a courtesy car, won’t be as the better half needs a car for work.

Not happy that after less that a week of ownership they can’t provide a vehicle whilst a potential problem is investigated.

How long did it take for everyone to get their 2nd fob as I’m still waiting for mine?

That’s strange regarding your air con.

I got my spare key at delivery, not heard of a spare key to be delivered later…

That’s strange regarding your air con.

I got my spare key at delivery, not heard of a spare key to be delivered later…
Mmm. I was told that now they only come with one fob, they have to order the other. I have the key. I wonder if the semiconductor shortage is effecting fob supply.

Update. The aircon has decided to start working again. Car is booked in for Thursday, but unless they can provide a courtesy car, won’t be as the better half needs a car for work.

Not happy that after less that a week of ownership they can’t provide a vehicle whilst a potential problem is investigated.

How long did it take for everyone to get their 2nd fob as I’m still waiting for mine?
My air con packed up a couple of months short of the car being 2 years old. I took it to the dealer who pressure tested it and told me the system was fine, it just needed re-gassing, which they did for £149 and it worked fine after that. I’ve never had to re-gas a car before let alone one less than 2 years old.

Another disappointment with the car.

Mmm. I was told that now they only come with one fob, they have to order the other. I have the key. I wonder if the semiconductor shortage is effecting fob supply.
Would be strange though if it was down to the Semi Conductor shortage as won't this then need to be paired with the car and have the key cut for access into the vehicle? In the phone's menu in the car how many keys does it say it's paired with?

As annoying as it as, not all dealerships can provide a free courtesy car at short notice, irrespective of whether your car's going for a warranty repair/investigation or regular servicing.

Would be strange though if it was down to the Semi Conductor shortage as won't this then need to be paired with the car and have the key cut for access into the vehicle? In the phone's menu in the car how many keys does it say it's paired with?
I have the blade, just not the fob. Car only has one key assigned.

As annoying as it as, not all dealerships can provide a free courtesy car at short notice, irrespective of whether your car's going for a warranty repair/investigation or regular servicing.
I was a bit late in posting. They had 4 days notice. Irrelevant now as it’s started working again. Just now other things have stopped working like start/stop and mirrors folding on lock.

So I rang Audi uk today about the second key fob. As suspected it’s down to the semi conductor shortage. I may have to wait until next year to get it! They will only supply new keys as an emergency at the moment.

Reactions: Mr_P87
So I rang Audi uk today about the second key fob. As suspected it’s down to the semi conductor shortage. I may have to wait until next year to get it! They will only supply new keys as an emergency at the moment.
It would have been good if they could have told you that when you picked it up, saving you a wild goose chase!