19in 5 spoke V design grey diamond cut
Black Leather
Piano black inlays
Adaptive suspension
Light and Vision Pack
Electric mirrors with mem
Electric Seats with men
Hill hold
Rear view Cam (think that's from the pack)

Didn't add Driver assistance pack - tour in the end. I prioritised pano roof, which the kids wanted.
Build week 46
Hi mate,

What kind of deal did you get? After getting the wife a BE A4, I'm seriously contemplating trading my RS3 for an S4. Speed and practicality.....

Hi mate,

What kind of deal did you get? After getting the wife a BE A4, I'm seriously contemplating trading my RS3 for an S4. Speed and practicality.....
Don’t

Reactions: Radman
No if I could have seen the future I’d still have my 8V rS3 in the garage.
Masonry get me wrong the s4 is cracking inside is amazing the tech great.
Goes pretty well the Quattro is better but it doesn’t look that special and doesn’t sound that good either.
RS3 just a more special feeling car.

To be honest I actually find it to be the opposite. Very oversteery most of the time.

You're probably talking about traction while I am talking about overall balance. My Megane is more neutral than the M135i. But obviously won't spin its rears !

I found it very tractable in the wet but obviously it requires smooth throttle modulation!

Just ticked passed 1000 miles.

Its great, really love it as a daily car.

It does have one very minor issue, it has a total addiction:
TQXGHmC.jpg

Last week i visited that same petrol station every other day, I was starting to get strange looks by the end of the week.

Got an 1800 mile trip planned in 6 weeks time. can't wait. It'll have done another couple of thousand by then too. maybe economy will improve a bit?...

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Just ticked passed 1000 miles.

Its great, really love it as a daily car.

It does have one very minor issue, it has a total addiction:
TQXGHmC.jpg

Last week i visited that same petrol station every other day, I was starting to get strange looks by the end of the week.

Got an 1800 mile trip planned in 6 weeks time. can't wait. It'll have done another couple of thousand by then too. maybe economy will improve a bit?...

For economy, if you’re on a reasonably flat road and just cruising on a dual carriageway I’d expect 33-38 mpg fairly easily. Mine got 40 on a trip with about the same mileage as yours.

Still loving the floret and black too..,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is that I’m not really trying.

It’s averaged 23mpg since I collected it three weeks ago.

I drive it everywhere in individual which I have as

Suspension - comfort
Engine - comfort
Diff- auto
Exhaust - dynamic

A little update. Now on 2500 miles

I meant to post these when i first got it, but time was a bit short.

The day it got back from the dealer, having thoroughly cleaned the understand with detergent, I dynax UCed (a brilliant bilt hamber clear undercoat) the majority of the underside and the suspension components. It not so much that they need the protection but it keeps it all shinny.
UCemt9Z.jpg

I also used Carpro DLux on the brake callipers, its a ceramic coat which makes cleaning really easy
oP0lT54.jpg

and did the rear too
Dw4khP6.jpg

I then got in trouble for ceramic coating the wheels in the utility... (also Carpro Dlux)
2zRZCZl.jpg

Then the complete front end of the car (full bonnet, bumper, wings, mirrors, a pillars) was clear PPFed
qir3gCz.jpg

I then noticed a couple of weeks ago that the extended sills had a couple of small stone chips underneath so i PPFed them myself
P1bnk09.jpg

Gv9Qrei.jpg

I used Xpel as its easy to use and shape with a hairdryer

In the meantime, on longer journeys it is returning astonishingly good MPG
as8dVWt.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally
oh and i really like this pic (posted in the Pic thread)
INhdvL2.jpg

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Nickfrog and Riko0073
I think the best I’ve seen is 39mpg over 60 miles. Never broken the 40mph unless I’m coasting downhill...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little update after 8000 miles.

Took it all the way to the alps. Where it was incredible in the snow. Infact we had snow for over 8hrs of the drive down through France it was incredibly confidence inspiring

MTg56nq.jpg

A full set of Nokian WR4s were brilliant. 7k miles on them and they have at least another 7k in them

YCpt7fN.jpg

This was quite a steep slope, which of course was no issue
3p97QbW.jpg

I found this quite amusing

RF7evN9.jpg

That was in Feb, in the meantime its been a brilliant and great fun workhorse. I utterly love driving it. I've found my perfect individual setting, which is everything in comfort, diff in Auto, Exhaust in Dynamic, and i very rarely shift from that other than to use S on the gear-lever occasionally.

Summer wheels and tyres have just gone back on. I actually found the winters better in most circumstances.

The only issue i think i have is that the exhaust tips, despite keeping them really clean are corroding.

Reactions: scotty76, Jcbmally, Psychoscot and 2 others
Great write up and use of the car s4 avant really is a cracking alrounder.

I have found one other issue. the front passenger belt buckle rattles agains the hard sided seat when not in use

I have found one other issue. the front passenger belt buckle rattles agains the hard sided seat when not in use
There’s a little plastic clasp you can move up to near the top mounting point and stops it rattling as there is a softer trim up there and more room.

Reactions: JG220, Jcbmally and Riko0073
There’s a little plastic clasp you can move up to near the top mounting point and stops it rattling as there is a softer trim up there and more room.
Yep, as above.

Reactions: JG220 and Jcbmally
18,000 miles now and just had first service.

Its just about on track for the average 20k miles I thought I'd do in it per year.

I think its getting better and better. Engine is nicely bedded in now and has all the performance I could ever want in a daily. It also sounds fantastic now that the exhaust is proabably a bit sooted up inside.

I really can't think of a better car. Had a look at an RS4 this morning at the dealership. It was light on options whereas I think I have virtually all of them ticked so it wasn't a very appealing downgrade. I do think i'll ultimately go that way at the end my time with this one. But that will probably be a long way away and it will need to have all the options on it.

My only complaint has that the exhaust tips, despite great care are looking a bit second hand, and this morning, Audi refused to do anything about it.

In its favourite space in central London (its a wide space, not parked across two)
QAyRTyp.jpg

Reactions: Riko0073 and cuke2u
And in Wales on holiday
wg5lh9g.jpg

Reactions: Keef, Riko0073 and cuke2u
oh and it has averaged 30mpg over its life, which i'm very happy with.

Reactions: Keef