Just ordered

Timi8888

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just ordered an S3 Hatch S Tronic for September delivery.

Got until Friday to confirm the spec. At the moment I have:

-Daytona Grey or Ibis White
-Sound and Comfort Pack
-Supersports seats
-Folding mirrors

I was originally going to get it in Vegas Yellow, but not sure if I would get bored after a month or so.

Only found out no push to start so may have to get Advanced Key.

Are there any other options you guys would recommend? I'm coming from a TT which I've had for a year, I didn't spec it right as I wanted cheapest possible, thats why I'm swapping so soon. It was an Ibis White S Line 1.8 Manual, with parking sensors and heated seats.

Thanks,

Tim.

Consider tinted windows and red brake callipers? I was recommended hill hold assist but decided against it

I will most likely get after market tints. This can be done for £120 ish. Saves me from the £375 although not as good quality.

I think if I spec Ibis, then red calipers would look good, and on Daytona then standard colour.

I don't think Hill Hold is needed as the car has a couple seconds of hold as standard anyways before you pull off.

Save £255 but you'll regret it in the long run

Reactions: Benji34, Reggieboy71 and Flying Scotsman
Hold Assist is a nice option and pretty cheap.

Don't understand.... "Only found out no push to start so may have to get Advanced Key"

I don't think advanced key will give you anything that standard key doesn't.

Reactions: Jassyo06
If you spec the 'advanced key' you get the push to start button that I have in my TT. The standard S3 you have to put key in ignition and turn it. Also, you keep keys in pockets and you can unlock and lock the car without usingthem.

I'll have a think about that tinting option now you've said that mate.

Audi Parking system plus is included in the Sound and Comfort pack.

At the end of the day we all could and some do go crazy on options, if you change your car frequently don't fire a lot options on it as they tie you to negative equity for a longer period but again your initial deposit will have affect on negative equity aswell

I've always gone the aftermarket tint route and never regretted it. YMMV.

You made me rethink again. Maybe I will go down aftermarket route and find a company that is well established to do it for me. Lol.

Daytona grey all the way, 19" rims and magnetic ride.

Tempted by Daytona as I have had Ibis before....

However I'm a big fan of the standard alloys. Wouldn't mind them in 19's like on the Saloon. I don't really like the 19s that are options. The 5 spoke ones are nice, but again I think on Saloon only

Tempted by Daytona as I have had Ibis before....

However I'm a big fan of the standard alloys. Wouldn't mind them in 19's like on the Saloon. I don't really like the 19s that are options. The 5 spoke ones are nice, but again I think on Saloon only

I think that if you spec 19" you must include magnetic ride as well, not 100% sure though but even if you think of going aftermarket 19" later, magnetic ride is an investment in future in my opinion. :)

Edit: Also, you get hill hold assist with Comfort and Sound Pack I think.

Last edited:
I think that if you spec 19" you must include magnetic ride as well, not 100% sure though but even if you think of going aftermarket 19" later, magnetic ride is an investment in future in my opinion. :)

Edit: Also, you get hill hold assist with Comfort and Sound Pack I think.

You're right. It includes Hill Hold, Heated Seats(which are already standard), B&O sound and Audi Park System Plus.

Yep to get 19's you need to get Magnetic ride also. But I have a tendency to modify a cars suspension with coilovers or springs, so wouldn't want magnetic ride. This also stops me from getting 19s lol

Don't get confused with the holds.
Hill Hold is standard on all S-tronic cars.
Hold Assist is an option. It was a separate option when I bought my car. It may be included in Comfort pack now.

Don't get confused with the holds.
Hill Hold is standard on all S-tronic cars.
Hold Assist is an option. It was a separate option when I bought my car. It may be included in Comfort pack now.
My manual TT also had hill hold, where it holds it for a couple of seconds.

Reactions: Benji34
I think that if you spec 19" you must include magnetic ride as well
This is very true, but on the PFL model you could spec 19" alloys no problem at all without mag ride.

If I remember correctly, the 19" alloys were an extra £995 back in 2014!!

Last edited:
Wow. Cheers for that buddy. I will order it from factory then!

So I'm gonna go for an S3 Hatch S Tronic:
-daytona grey
-tints
-comfort n sound
-supersports seats
-folding mirrors
-advanced key

Also not gonna wrap the grilles black anymore. I quite like the chrome trim on the daytona grey!

Thanks for all the help guys

If it was mine, I would scrap the SS seats and put in 19" alloys and Mag Ride.

This is very true, but on the PFL model you could spec 19" alloys no problem at all without mag ride.

If I remember correctly, the 19" alloys were an extra £995 back in 2104!!

Nope to get 19" wing arm alloys on the S3 Hatch or sportback you had option magnetic ride aswell or not at all, at a cost of £1980

Now it's what £1395 a lot cheaper as is the technology package with connect it was £1795 in 2015 it was then dropped by £500 on 2016 models

If I remember correctly, the 19" alloys were an extra £995 back in 2104!!

Wow how far in the future are you from??

Reactions: TDI-line, glospete, SPIKE_ and 3 others
If it was mine, I would scrap the SS seats and put in 19" alloys and Mag Ride.
I think the standard alloys suit the hatchback most. I wish you could get 19's of the standard ones. I would defo spec them if they had it. The 5 arm 19inch alloys look good on the saloon s3, and the multi-spoke need to stay on TT's and A4's.

I think the standard alloys suit the hatchback most. I wish you could get 19's of the standard ones. I would defo spec them if they had it. The 5 arm 19inch alloys look good on the saloon s3, and the multi-spoke need to stay on TT's and A4's.

Good points...I just looked at the UK configurator and noted the wheel specs. I would still spec Mag Ride but it looks like that it is not available with 18" wheels?

Good points...I just looked at the UK configurator and noted the wheel specs. I would still spec Mag Ride but it looks like that it is not available with 18" wheels?
I think you only need magnetic ride to soften the ride as 19's are a lot harsher on these UK roads. 18's aren't really and issue as much so can stick with normal suspension.

Nope to get 19" wing arm alloys on the S3 Hatch or sportback you had option magnetic ride aswell or not at all, at a cost of £1980

Now it's what £1395 a lot cheaper as is the technology package with connect it was £1795 in 2015 it was then dropped by £500 on 2016 models
Maybe on an S3, but not a regular A3. I considered them for my TDI, but didn't like them enough for the money....only £995 for the wheels and that was it.

I see that even in a regular FL A3 you also have to opt for the mag ride - totally crazy money!

Reactions: Jassyo06
I think you only need magnetic ride to soften the ride as 19's are a lot harsher on these UK roads. 18's aren't really and issue as much so can stick with normal suspension.

Ergo there's where normal suspension fails..... With magnetic damping. Optioned , the inherent A3/S3 "bounce" is helped greatly but not totally eradicated with magride but it's a nicer car to drive with this option, lve had my S3 over 2 years now, so l do what it's like with the standard suspension, having driven all variants of A3's over the last 2 years from RS to Sline as my son was a Audi salesman, there is a great difference between standard and stock damping,.

I think you're right to go with SS seats. love mine. The Audio upgraded sound system is neat for the money, as is adaptive cruise controler

Reactions: OST