Just ordered the new A3!

jsnbts

Reaction score
Hi guys

New to the forum, and new to Audi (after wanting one for a long time!) I finally placed my order for the new A3 a couple of weeks ago.. However current expected delivery date is end of Jan 2021!

Just wondering if this is a realistic time-frame or if it's likely to be brought forward or delayed further as I currently have to work out the best time to get rid of my current car! Obviously aware things may be slower than usual at the moment due to the Covid situation.

I've ordered the A3 Edition 1 35 TFSI S-Tronic in Turbo Blue, with added Comfort and Sound Pack and Wireless charging. I honestly can't wait to get my hands on it!

Also, does anyone know if wireless CarPlay / Alexa is on the cards? I've seen various mentions of it in different reviews of the car but no solid information anywhere..

Thanks all, look forward to sharing more pics etc when I get my hands on it!

Reactions: pburv, redleg, Jcbmally and 2 others
Hi guys

New to the forum, and new to Audi (after wanting one for a long time!) I finally placed my order for the new A3 a couple of weeks ago.. However current expected delivery date is end of Jan 2021!

Just wondering if this is a realistic time-frame or if it's likely to be brought forward or delayed further as I currently have to work out the best time to get rid of my current car! Obviously aware things may be slower than usual at the moment due to the Covid situation.

I've ordered the A3 Edition 1 35 TFSI S-Tronic in Turbo Blue, with added Comfort and Sound Pack and Wireless charging. I honestly can't wait to get my hands on it!

Also, does anyone know if wireless CarPlay / Alexa is on the cards? I've seen various mentions of it in different reviews of the car but no solid information anywhere..

hi guys , Im new to the forum as well
I ordered a new A3 s/line stronic daytona grey with sight sound pack and sunroof in july
, I was told build week is mid october delivery early nov

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally and josul
Hi guys

I was told, by my dealer, that Wireless Airplay probably won't be introduced any time before next year's refresh. It doesn't worry me too much as Audi's MMI and SatNav seem pretty good, so I'm only likely to want to use CarPlay for longer journeys, when it's not a great inconvenience to plug the phone in. At least it meant there was no temptation for me to spec the wireless charging pad ;-)

I was told, by my dealer, that Wireless Airplay probably won't be introduced any time before next year's refresh. It doesn't worry me too much as Audi's MMI and SatNav seem pretty good, so I'm only likely to want to use CarPlay for longer journeys, when it's not a great inconvenience to plug the phone in. At least it meant there was no temptation for me to spec the wireless charging pad ;-)
Yeah that's really true - I'll probably end up using the Sat Nav rather than CarPlay anyway, especially with the Virtual cockpit! I still went for wireless charging though, just so I don't have to have a cable in the car! :)

Reactions: AdamInKent
I ordered a new A3 s/line stronic daytona grey with sight sound pack and sunroof in july
Sounds great! Similar timeframe to myself too.

You sure about this? Last years q3/rsq3 comes with Wireless CarPlay as do most of the latest Audis, seems strange they wouldn’t include it on their new a3?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You sure about this? Last years q3/rsq3 comes with Wireless CarPlay as do most of the latest Audis, seems strange they wouldn’t include it on their new a3?

All that I can say for certain is that it is definitely what I was told by my dealer (in answer to a direct question from me). I can also add that the absence of Wireless CarPlay was noted in several reviews that I read.

All that I can say for certain is that it is definitely what I was told by my dealer (in answer to a direct question from me). I can also add that the absence of Wireless CarPlay was noted in several reviews that I read.

Weird choice by audi if that is the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a surprise to me. But not a deal-breaker :)

Just read this on a new A3 review..

“New technology also includes Car-to-X software, which can communicate with traffic signs, infrastructure and other cars to provide real-time information about vacant parking spaces, nearby traffic jams and if traffic lights are about to turn green. Wireless Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Amazon Alexa compatibility will all be included, but none of these features nor the Car-to-X will be available from launch.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read this on a new A3 review...

I read the same: it might even have been the same review. The absence of Car2X and Amazon Alexa in the launch cars was more of a disappointment to me than the lack of Wireless CarPlay. I plan to keep my A3 for quite some time and I guess that Car2X might become quite useful as time goes on.

Do these features get added to launch cars with a software update down the track (paid update or other) or you just miss out?

Do these features get added to launch cars with a software update down the track (paid update or other) or you just miss out?

I guess it depends on whether the cars are fitted with the required hardware. Wireless Apple CarPlay requires wi-fi (so probably Android Auto, too) of which there’s no mention in the configurator equipment list for my car (only Bluetooth is listed). Similarly for Car2X: the car would need to be fitted with the appropriate electronics and antenna. So in both cases, in order for them to be offered as software updates later, Audi would have to be fitting the required hardware without advertising it.

Alexa, though, could, at least in theory, be delivered as a software only upgrade.

There was a lot of chat a while ago regarding everything being programmed at the dealers for a subscription. So basically hardware would be fitted but you pay extra for the software to be installed/activated. BMW do a similar thing ie subscription for services such as "over the air updates".

Reactions: pburv
Hi guys

We picked up our A3 a week ago and and we ordered in July. The dealer mentioned that people are ordering now and expecting in January so it ties into what you have been told, he said they cant make them fast enough. Our one was pushed back a couple of weeks during build but they kept us in the loop.

We picked up our A3 a week ago and and we ordered in July. The dealer mentioned that people are ordering now and expecting in January so it ties into what you have been told, he said they cant make them fast enough. Our one was pushed back a couple of weeks during build but they kept us in the loop.
That's good to know, thank you! I've been unable to use the Tracker thing so far so relying on the dealer keeping me informed. How are you liking the car so far?

just had phone call from my dealer my car will arrive at the dealership this thursday 8 oct so arranged to pick it up next monday 12 oct

Reactions: Sparks43
That's good to know, thank you! I've been unable to use the Tracker thing so far so relying on the dealer keeping me informed. How are you liking the car so far?

We are really enjoying it but we have come from a fiat 500 as a family car so not much to compare to! The misses wants to drive everywhere so that a good sign I think, and she keeps popping out the front to 'make sure its ok' :tearsofjoy:

Its already dirty and in need of a good clean though...

Reactions: Jcbmally
Hello,
New to the forum. I placed an order for a 1.5 s tronic sline in early August looks like it could be the end of January for me as well. I added a few options bigger virtual cockpit folding mirrors black styling trim and daytona gray. The highest trim you can get here is the sline as the edition 1 is too expensive.

Hello,
New to the forum. I placed an order for a 1.5 s tronic sline in early August looks like it could be the end of January for me as well. I added a few options bigger virtual cockpit folding mirrors black styling trim and daytona gray. The highest trim you can get here is the sline as the edition 1 is too expensive.
Welcome mate.

Reactions: pburv and Fuelnut
Hello,
Welcome to the forum:thumbs up:
Daytona would be on my list of colours if I was to order one...What have you gone for saloon or sportback?

Reactions: Jcbmally, Fuelnut and Snake Pliskin
Thanks for the welcome. I went for the sportback I like a good hatchback trading in a VW golf.

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
Thanks for the welcome. I went for the sportback I like a good hatchback trading in a VW golf.
I’ll be really interested to see what this looks like as in similar situation myself.
Currently have an Indium Grey Mk7.5 Golf R-Line and looking to get into either an S3 or RS3 down the track.

Daytona Grey with black optics was #1 on the no brainer list for me, but the more I look at different configurations, I either love it or not sure. At times it looks stunning, others it all looks a bit the same depending on the light etc with the black details getting lost.
Starting to lean toward Floret Silver / Black pack for some contrast.

Just to update on my order (original delivery date January 2021) - My car is now in the UK and is approx. 2-3 weeks away from delivery!

Not sure how that's happened considering the build week wasn't pencilled in until 19th October, but pretty happy that I'll have my hands on it soon!

I’ll be really interested to see what this looks like as in similar situation myself.
Currently have an Indium Grey Mk7.5 Golf R-Line and looking to get into either an S3 or RS3 down the track.

Daytona Grey with black optics was #1 on the no brainer list for me, but the more I look at different configurations, I either love it or not sure. At times it looks stunning, others it all looks a bit the same depending on the light etc with the black details getting lost.
Starting to lean toward Floret Silver / Black pack for some contrast.
Greys with black pack look great IMO.

Reactions: tb123, NevMan and pburv
Yep agreed Daytona on black gloss looks great.

Reactions: pburv, tb123, NevMan and 1 other person
Picked up my car yesterday and absolutely in love with it! Shout out to Audi who still gave me a special handover ceremony!

Quick question - I'm struggling to understand how I activate things like Audi Connect / online radio and some interactive services - Logged in with My Audi account but the app says the car isn't 'connected', even though I can see car data such as fuel level etc.. and I'm also a bit confused by the purchase of data services for Wifi hotspots - do I have to buy data to activate the other stuff?

Sorry, silly newbie question..

Reactions: TYb
Picked up my car yesterday and absolutely in love with it! Shout out to Audi who still gave me a special handover ceremony!

Quick question - I'm struggling to understand how I activate things like Audi Connect / online radio and some interactive services - Logged in with My Audi account but the app says the car isn't 'connected', even though I can see car data such as fuel level etc.. and I'm also a bit confused by the purchase of data services for Wifi hotspots - do I have to buy data to activate the other stuff?

Sorry, silly newbie question..
Congrats on your new car mate.:thumbs up:
Can't help on your questions I'm afraid.....
Any pics?:icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally
Congrats on your new car mate.:thumbs up:
Can't help on your questions I'm afraid.....
Any pics?:icon thumright:

Here it is just after the big 'reveal' - haven't had much chance to get proper images of it yet, but safe to say I'm totally in love.

7AAA65BC 8119 4EB4 9E39 D074F700F8C9

Reactions: sush, Jassyo06, josul and 4 others
Here it is just after the big 'reveal' - haven't had much chance to get proper images of it yet, but safe to say I'm totally in love.

View attachment 211955
Very nice.
Regarding your question on WiFi hotspot, if I remember you buy data plans via the app or within your MMI.
The connected app should work if your phone/app has paired with the car (if that makes sense). Basically log in on the app and follow instructions to pair with the MMI unless I'm talking utter tosh and the connected process is all different now.

Very nice.
Regarding your question on WiFi hotspot, if I remember you buy data plans via the app or within your MMI.
The connected app should work if your phone/app has paired with the car (if that makes sense). Basically log in on the app and follow instructions to pair with the MMI unless I'm talking utter tosh and the connected process is all different now.

Thanks for that! Is the data plan purchase purely to enable the Wifi Hotspot and nothing to do with the other 'connect' services? MyAudi app has connected in part - I can see the fuel level and whether the car is locked etc, but I can't do things like remotely turn the heating on/off or access things like Online Radio via the MMI.. Not sure if I'm supposed to be able to do these things or not, but certainly in the Online Radio case, that optioned is toggled 'on' in MyAudi on the webpage and in the app.

View attachment 211955[/QUOT
That's a great looking car.:thumbs up:
I have yet to see one in the flesh at night. Should look the biz with those lights.:yes:

Thanks for that! Is the data plan purchase purely to enable the Wifi Hotspot and nothing to do with the other 'connect' services? MyAudi app has connected in part - I can see the fuel level and whether the car is locked etc, but I can't do things like remotely turn the heating on/off or access things like Online Radio via the MMI.. Not sure if I'm supposed to be able to do these things or not, but certainly in the Online Radio case, that optioned is toggled 'on' in MyAudi on the webpage and in the app.
I believe the online radio etc will work once you have a data plan but yes all the other stuff works as part of the Audi Connect package.
PS, I did get mine to work once (the data stuff) while at home on the drive, I connected via my home broadband but obviously that goes to pot once you drive away from your house. :blink::blink::thumbs up::thumbs up:

I believe the online radio etc will work once you have a data plan but yes all the other stuff works as part of the Audi Connect package.
PS, I did get mine to work once while at home on the drive, I connected via my home broadband but obviously that goes to pot once you drive away from your house. :blink::blink::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Just to update on my order (original delivery date January 2021) - My car is now in the UK and is approx. 2-3 weeks away from delivery!

Not sure how that's happened considering the build week wasn't pencilled in until 19th October, but pretty happy that I'll have my hands on it soon!
Hi - Would you mind sharing the Audi centre - I'm having a nightmare tracking down my order placed long before this one - seems like they may have really good access to cars

Hi guys

Picked up my Edition 1 yesterday. Originally ordered it in Turbo Blue but build date was no where in sight so had the chance of an alternative colour Daytona Grey. Gotta say I’m not disappointed with it, looks amazing in the sunshine. I’m still a lover of the Turbo though!

Attachments

• 1509E07B-4424-44A8-8093-5382974A25E4.jpeg
    1509E07B-4424-44A8-8093-5382974A25E4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 420
Reactions: mike60e, Jassyo06, Jcbmally and 4 others
Picked up my Edition 1 yesterday. Originally ordered it in Turbo Blue but build date was no where in sight so had the chance of an alternative colour Daytona Grey. Gotta say I’m not disappointed with it, looks amazing in the sunshine. I’m still a lover of the Turbo though!

Lovely photo but that suspension sits about 20 mm too high

Hi guys. Second post in this forum but it seems I will stay with you for some time since I ordered one today :). Very happy.

I have ordered the 1.5 TFSI S-tronic S line in Glacier White.

Expected delivery date is mid-May which is very far from today but what I can do. I now see that for others its similar.

Reactions: Fuelnut, Jassyo06 and josul