Just ordered Sportback

markwiggy

Third Gear
Reaction score
Very happy Just ordered a A3 Sportback 20TDI S-Line in Daytona grey.

Spec as follows :-

SD sat nav
Full Nappa leather
Privacy glass
Cruise control
Aluminium roof rails
Heated seats
Folding mirrors
Non smoke pack

Had a drive in a 3door 20tdi sport due to diesel sportback not being available, very impressed with the performance and ride and felt at home in the car immediately. Car probably not going to arrive until September so long wait ahead,will get an update and build slot in a week or two.
Can anyone tell me what the standard stereos are like, was going to upgrade but salesman said standard one was ok, any thoughts ?

Mark

Congrats, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Ouch about the wait though! I'm hoping to collect mine in a couple of weeks.

Congrats, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Ouch about the wait though! I'm hoping to collect mine in a couple of weeks.

the wait was the only downside,but never mind. I look forward to your comments when you take delivery of yours

Mark

Can anyone tell me what the standard stereos are like, was going to upgrade but salesman said standard one was ok, any thoughts ?

Mark

Are you coming from the S3?

The standard stereo is OK and probably on par with the standard 8P offering. I had Bose in my S3 which was superb.

There is a middle ground option in terms of the Audi Sound System for about £250 - I've got this on my current A4 and it sounds far better than standard. However, the big regret I had after ordering my A4 is not ticking the B&O option as the Audi system was definitely a come down from Bose.

Are you coming from the S3?

The standard stereo is OK and probably on par with the standard 8P offering. I had Bose in my S3 which was superb.

There is a middle ground option in terms of the Audi Sound System for about £250 - I've got this on my current A4 and it sounds far better than standard. However, the big regret I had after ordering my A4 is not ticking the B&O option as the Audi system was definitely a come down from Bose.

S3 long gone mate, been in BMW 123 D M-Sport, Scirroco 170DSG and currently Range Rover Evoque Dynamic 2.2 diesel, do miss the S3 though awesome car, In fact just miss the Audi brand felt instantly at home in the new A3 sport.
I was very tempted by the B&O ,but thought a bit pricey, still not sure though so will have to give it some thought. I also had the Bose in my S3
Thanks for your advice, my heart says B&O, my pocket says Audi Sound System, order say's standard. Mmmm decisions.

Mark

The standard is good enough........ The b&o is brilliant though. I've stuck with standard because I had a budget and maturity told me to stick with it , but being 23 I did want the B&O ! If you can afford it, go for it.

Sean

The standard is good enough........ The b&o is brilliant though. I've stuck with standard because I had a budget and maturity told me to stick with it , but being 23 I did want the B&O ! If you can afford it, go for it.

Sean

thanks Sean, your B&O comment just doesn't help really,lol, but may just cost me £750. I can afford it as I was advised against the tech pack and also managed to negotiate a discount so did make a good saving on my original spec.

Mark

You could try and bargain a little harder with the salesmen, feed him some b.s about your looking for a new car for your wife in a few months and would definatly come back to him if he chucked in the stereo upgrade too! Lol worth a try.......

Sean

You could try and bargain a little harder with the salesmen, feed him some b.s about your looking for a new car for your wife in a few months and would definatly come back to him if he chucked in the stereo upgrade too! Lol worth a try.......

Sean

I like that Sean, will give that some thought mate, cheers.

Mark

Very happy Just ordered a A3 Sportback 20TDI S-Line in Daytona grey.

Had a drive in a 3door 20tdi sport due to diesel sportback not being available, very impressed with the performance and ride and felt at home in the car immediately. Car probably not going to arrive until September so long wait ahead,will get an update and build slot in a week or two.

Mark

welcome to the long wait club. No build date on mine yet but think I might not get it until September on a 63 plate, but fingers crossed for early July

welcome to the long wait club. No build date on mine yet but think I might not get it until September on a 63 plate, but fingers crossed for early July

Thanks, really looking forward to getting back into a Audi, really missed it if I'm honest, funny really as I felt instantly at home on my test drive. I wish you luck on early delivery, I really hope mine comes earlier. I look forward to your updates.

Mark

Just added Audi Sound system to my spec, had a listen to the B&O system and in my opinion it just wasn't worth £750 so took the mid option.

Mark

Really need to stop looking at the brochure, every time I look I want to add something else. Just added the interior light pack and was very close to adding 'advanced key' but managed to curb that urge. I do like the idea of the start button etc as my Evoque has a similar feature only it doesn't unlock the car automatically.(The Evoque goes tomorrow) So basically advance key seems a bit pricey just for a start button, as not sure I am keen on some of the other features it offers.

Note to self - must shread brochure.

Mark

I know how you feel, I reckon I know that brochure word for word!!