1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Maintenance work on Tuesday 7th April

Due to some much needed work to the servers we will be going off line for a couple of hours on Tuesday 9:30am.

Sorry for the inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice

Just ordered Eibach sportline

Starry Sep 29, 2018

1. Starry

Starry S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:

My 2015 S3 sits really high at the front and it’s always bothered me, so decided to get it lowered with some Eibach Sportline springs. Fingers crossed it will sit nice and flat now. Anyone running these?

Jimbob76 and Leevr like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. -Ju-

-Ju- Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver SQ5 owners group VCDS Map User

Not had the sportlines but the pro's were a nice ride, better than the H&R's and still a nice drop too

Starry likes this.
  4. Jimbob76

Jimbob76 Roof Rails Enthusiast Team Daytona Sportback Gold Supporter Team Thule Audi S3 Black Edition

Before and after pics when they arrive please! :thumbs up:

MaxBoostMRC and Fatbloke like this.
  5. Starry

Goes without saying, my good man :thumbs up:

Fatbloke likes this.
  6. Fatbloke

Fatbloke Active Member

I have some questions. Hopefully somone can enlighten me.

I have a 2016 A3 S-line 8v quattro 150tdi. It sits a bit high and looks like the rear is slightly higher than the front (maybe optical illusion due to side skirts).
    I am using both Eibach Prokit and H&R -50mm Cup Kit on our other vehicles.

I want to lower it a bit and level it out if possible but there are issues.

The Prokit lowers it 20mm at the front and 10mm at the rear which would increase the rake even further.

The Sportlines lower it around 30mm (I think) front and rear which is ideal however when I looked at lowering a previous vehicle a while back, the general consensus was that the Prokit was fine with standard struts but the Sportlines required a shorter strut.

Is this the case with the A3?

Is there a full kit available for my vehicle?

7. jungle650

jungle650 Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group S tronic Audi RS3 quattro MQB Platform

Fatbloke and Jimbob76 like this.
  8. Fatbloke

Fatbloke Active Member

Thanks mate. That was an interesting read. I have a another couple of questions.

How do you know if your car has magride? (My car was a few months old when I got it so didn't spec it myself)

The handling on mine feels a bit wallowy at times and a bit strange at other times like it has 4 wheel steer one minute and not the next. Not sure if it's maybe the quattro kicking in. There was an interesting bit in the other thread that said you can check programmed ride heights against actual ride height with VCDS. How do you do this? I noticed Alix mentioned it can be set wrong from the factory.

I have drive select on mine. Does changing the springs or dampers on the car affect this?

Sorry for all the questions. I really want to lower it but want to make sure I don't screw things up and get the best, easiest option to improve it a bit.

Cheers

Dave

9. -Ju-

Firstly magride only came with 19"s from the factory so that is the first clue, it's also standard fit on the S3 saloon. After that if you go into the individual setting on the MMI, if you have the option to adjust the suspension settings then you have it, if not then you don't.
    There is also a connector into the bottom of the front struts that you can search for but that involves getting dirty!
    The ride height can be checked but not adjusted using vdcs. It's in the adaptation channels in the suspension module(14)

Fatbloke and Starry like this.
  10. Fatbloke

Fatbloke Active Member

Thanks for that. Very doubtful I have magride which makes things simpler but will check in mmi to make sure.

Is there a way to find out what suspension is fitted (S-line or sport)?

11. -Ju-

You can check the options that were fitted at the factory by looking in your service book for the sticker that has the 3 digit codes on and then put them all into this,

http://igorweb.org/equidec.aspx

Fatbloke likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Fatbloke

Fatbloke Active Member

Thanks for that. Here's a list of some of the stuff.

1ZE = Disc brakes, front (Geomet D)
    1JC = Rear shock absorption for sports design
    0YF = Weight range 6 installation control only, no requirement forecast
    L31 = Suspension range 31 installation control only, no requirement forecast

I assume the sports design means it's the sports suspension but what do the rest mean?

14. Ben Watson

Ben Watson New Member

Just ordered mine too! Hoping to fit next weekend.

15. Starry

Im hoping for the end of the week. Depends how quick they get here..

16. Fatbloke

Fatbloke Active Member

If you are fitting them yourselves, any chance of some installation pics?

MaxBoostMRC likes this.
  17. MaxBoostMRC

MaxBoostMRC Member

Where you get them from and how much you pay?

18. Starry

I dont think I’m going to be able to get on a ramp for a while so might get a mate to do it. If I do install them I’ll snap some pics..

19. Starry

MaxBoostMRC likes this.
  20. craigpanthercrystal

craigpanthercrystal Active Member

Hi Mate,

How did you get on with the Sportlines?

21. MaxBoostMRC

MaxBoostMRC Member

I think there fantastic. Feels very like stock but the slightest bit firmer and sits really nice