Q3 Just ordered a new Q3

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have just placed an order for another new Audi. This time it will be a Q3-40 TDI-190 Sport s-tronic quattro.

At the moment my wife has a Polo and I have the A3 but I have problems with my legs and ankles which is making it increasingly difficult to swap my foot between the throttle and the brake. Because of this problem I think I am going have to give up driving all together. I'm not keen on the idea of hand controls after over 50 years of normal driving. Fortunately my wife is a good driver and is quite happy to take over all the driving. She is happy driving the A3 but boot space is going to be a problem as I have to use a mobility scooter which does not leave a lot of space for shopping or luggage etc. Taking the scooter out each time she needs to do the shopping would be a pain so we are trading-in both cars and getting the Q3. She has had test drives in various Q3 models and was quite happy driving them and I found it very comfortable from the passenger seat. When folded my scooter will fit in the boot area from front to back leaving over half of the area for other items. At least it would be possible for me to operating the touch screen navigation. The Q3 is due for delivery in August 2019. Having had 10 A3s to date I shall be sorry to leave the A3 club but hopefully we will both enjoy the new Q3 and it will be Silver and have my number plate. My wife has said she would be quite happy to drive to Germany providing I'm there to give the route instructions so we won't have to give our holidays in the Mosel just yet.

Reactions: Sandra and NevMan
Don't worry about driving in Europe, the Audi sat nav system in perfect & never let us down.:icon thumright:

@h5djr congrats on the new car Dave. Time will pass quickly and you will soon have the new q3. Can’t wait to see it. :)

Reactions: NevMan
Wow @h5djr, 10 A3’s....time for a change hey . Sounds like you and your wife tried the various Q3’s on offer and picked your fave. I do quite like the new Q3. All the best with the wait, and keep us informed of progress

Good luck with the new motor, sounds very nice. The A3 is a great car, the Q3 will be a great car but a bit bigger and higher!

And enjoy relaxing as a passenger!

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the new Q3. Please let us know what trim/options you picked and why.

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the new Q3. Please let us know what trim/options you picked and why.

With all my previous A3s I have always ordered them with quite a few options to get the just car I want and the same has been true of my Q3 order.
The basic car is a Q3 40TDI Sport 190ps - stronic quattro in Silver.
The options I've added are:
Metallic paint
Door mirrors (folding with auto-dimming)
Electrically adjustable front seats
4-way Electric lumbar support
Heated front seats
Storage pack
Ambient lighting pack
Audi virtual cockpit plus
Audi parking system plus
Adaptive speed assist
Space-saver spare + Jack
Audi 4th year warranty

All I have to do now is wait until August for delivery.

Reactions: simonali and NevMan
Very good. Sounds like you’ve specced for max comfort and convenience. Just curious, why did you chose Sport over S-Line? And have you seen the standard virtual cockpit vs the plus version? Any thoughts on the difference between the two?

Very good. Sounds like you’ve specced for max comfort and convenience. Just curious, why did you chose Sport over S-Line? And have you seen the standard virtual cockpit vs the plus version? Any thoughts on the difference between the two?
We chose Sport over S-Line because we prefer the standard suspension and 18" wheels from a comfort point of view and we prefer the light coloured headlight to the black of the S-Line. We also don't like the privacy glass in the rear windows. When we had out test drives in various Q3s some had the 10.1" MMI screen but one had the 12.5" Cockpit Plus and as it's only a £250 option and my wife, who will doing all the driving, preferred the 12.5" version we decided to go for that. In the same way we decided to go for the 190 rather than the 150 as my existing A3 is 184 and we will never be in a position where we wished we had gone for the more powerful version, especially when we are on the German Autobahns!

Reactions: NevMan and AudiGuy9000
Just been given a build week of week 23 - 23 June. The count-down begins....

Reactions: cuke2u and NevMan
Long time to wait! But will be worth it. When I got my Q3, I got one that was already built.

The problem is that with the options I want it has to be a factory order.

Just been given a build week of week 23 - 23 June. The count-down begins....
Just realised my post was a bit wrong.... It is build week 23 which is 3 not 23 June. Hopefully I should get it around the end June or beginning of July.

I received an email today to say that my new Q3 has arrived at the dealers and I can collect it on Monday afternoon.

So after 10 A3s of various models it will be Good-bye to the A3 and Hello to the Q3. I'm sure I will still look in to the A3 forum once in a while, especially to see the new A3 when it is launched.

A big thank you to all the members of the various A3 forums over the years for all your chat and advice. I will certainly miss you.

Reactions: NevMan and cuke2u
I received an email today to say that my new Q3 has arrived at the dealers and I can collect it on Monday afternoon.

So after 10 A3s of various models it will be Good-bye to the A3 and Hello to the Q3. I'm sure I will still look in to the A3 forum once in a while, especially to see the new A3 when it is launched.

A big thank you to all the members of the various A3 forums over the years for all your chat and advice. I will certainly miss you.
Looking forward to your thoughts on the Q3 Dave, have always respected what you say...