Just joined, Just ordered.

BGS

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forums, been browsing a month or two but have just placed an order with a lease company through work so thought I should get signed up. Gone for the 1.4 Cylinder on Demand Sportback S Line, Brilliant black. Will be my first Audi and just a slight improvement on my current, 1999 T Reg Fiat Brava!

Lease company (Tusker) have said approx 12 weeks for delivery but based on previous threads I am taking that with a pinch of salt at the moment.

Look forward to making full use of your collected knowledge on all things A3.

Hi BGS, Welcome to the Forum!

I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum order the 1.4 Cylinder on Demand (though I'm probably mistaken). How was it to test drive?

I think 12 weeks is pretty reasonably. I ordered at the end of April and picking up next week at the latest. Hopefully you won't have to wait long!

Did you go for any extras?

Yeah, haven't seen many CoD on here, but general opinion seems to be okay. Couldn't get anything more pokey as it is part of a green car lease scheme, plus i only do sub 10K miles a year so 150hp diesel did not seem wise (DPF etc). On the plus side though the lease covers road tax and insurance as well as servicing etc and no deposit, i just have to pay for fuel. So i did get a few extra's.

Audi Sound System, Advanced key, Int Light Pack, Door Mirrors - Auto Dimming, Hill-Hold, Pre-Sense Basic, Mag Ride, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Parking System Plus/Park Assist, Driver Assist Pack, Auto-Dimming Rear-View with Light and Rain Sensor, Adaptive Headlights with Xenon Plus headlights, Variable Headlight Range Control, Reversing Camera, Progressive Steering, Tech Pack - High with Audi Connect, Speed Limit Display

I wasn't able to test drive an A3 locally but have taken a friends Golf CoD for a test drive. And the cylinder change is almost un-noticable unless your are looking for it.

Hi BGS,

Just spotted the options list in your sig - wow! You must like your gadgets :)

There are a few people waiting for CODs (myself included), but I think most test drove the 122ps version.

Hi BGS, Welcome to the Forum!

I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum order the 1.4 Cylinder on Demand (though I'm probably mistaken). How was it to test drive?

I think 12 weeks is pretty reasonably. I ordered at the end of April and picking up next week at the latest. Hopefully you won't have to wait long!

Did you go for any extras?

Welcome BGS. Equilibrium - you are indeed mistaken. :) I mean that in the nicest possible way. Moonlight has a 1.4 Cod so have a word with him to get his thoughts. If I'm not mistaken myself, Moonlight did give some early feedback in a couple of threads on here.

Welcome BGS. Equilibrium - you are indeed mistaken. :) I mean that in the nicest possible way. Moonlight has a 1.4 Cod so have a word with him to get his thoughts. If I'm not mistaken myself, Moonlight did give some early feedback in a couple of threads on here.

Haha, I'm new here myself which is why I probably haven't seen it mentioned!

Audi Sound System, Advanced key, Int Light Pack, Door Mirrors - Auto Dimming, Hill-Hold, Pre-Sense Basic, Mag Ride, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Parking System Plus/Park Assist, Driver Assist Pack, Auto-Dimming Rear-View with Light and Rain Sensor, Adaptive Headlights with Xenon Plus headlights, Variable Headlight Range Control, Reversing Camera, Progressive Steering, Tech Pack - High with Audi Connect, Speed Limit Display

OMG was there anything left on the options list you didn't tick? Respect! ;)

We need to have a spec-off :p

Reactions: Coxy234 and V00D00
12 weeks..blimey...I ordered 23rd March, built last week, delivered first week in August...picking up 1st September! Large majority have had a similar wait...dealer told me twelve weeks initially...dealer lied!!! 5 months is average but obviously a lot of it has to do with dealer allocation as mentioned in other threads...good luck guys on a quick delivery...there have been lucky ones!

I ordered mine on the 30 June and its being built week 33. The problem I have is it will take 8 weeks to then get to me in Australia

So, slight change to the order. Saw the press release pics of the A3 saloon earlier this week, loved em. So I have changed out the fifth door for a boot.

Basically kept the same spec, just changed the color to Misano Red, added the 19 inch wheels and dropped the Pano sunroof and heated seats to try and balance out the price difference.

Still looking at around twelve weeks but nothing confirmed as yet.

Reactions: cuke2u
We're finally there, almost. I finalised my order late September and have just had confirmation from the lease company that my car is in the UK and will be ready for delivery to me on or after Jan 22nd.

5 Sleeps to go:)

Very happy bunny.