Just installed a DTUK FSR+ to my S3

Installed today without any problem - again all credit to @jungle650 for the excellent how-to guide.

The only issues I have is that neither the how-to guide or DTUK instructions mention that after you've set the desired program the LEDS stay lit for a bit then revert to continual flashing. In many circles flashing indicates an uncompleted action.
Combined with the how-to guide saying "To activate the setting (i.e. save it) press and hold P button for about 3 seconds" and the DTUK instructions saying "Press and hold button (P) for at least 3 seconds to deactivate the Performance System" I was unsure the program was actually loaded. Even more so when trying it on 3 +3 was unconvincing on the road (forgot @RO65ERS setting).

Andrew at DTUK quickly put me right that I was doing everything OK and suggested 1+2. I've ended up going for 1+3.

Given up on phone app GPS 0-60 measurements - settled for the big grin when accelerating once on the move :highly amused::highly amused:

Reactions: jungle650
Installed today without any problem - again all credit to @jungle650 for the excellent how-to guide.

The only issues I have is that neither the how-to guide or DTUK instructions mention that after you've set the desired program the LEDS stay lit for a bit then revert to continual flashing. In many circles flashing indicates an uncompleted action.
Combined with the how-to guide saying "To activate the setting (i.e. save it) press and hold P button for about 3 seconds" and the DTUK instructions saying "Press and hold button (P) for at least 3 seconds to deactivate the Performance System" I was unsure the program was actually loaded. Even more so when trying it on 3 +3 was unconvincing on the road (forgot @RO65ERS setting).

Andrew at DTUK quickly put me right that I was doing everything OK and suggested 1+2. I've ended up going for 1+3.

Given up on phone app GPS 0-60 measurements - settled for the big grin when accelerating once on the move :highly amused::highly amused:

Regards the P, it is explained in the installation instructions under "Activation/Deactivation/Save Settings". The short version is holding P will deactivate the box, BUT it will save the last setting it was set to. Pressing any button will reactivate it to that last setting

On mine(the CRD3+ for my diesel) when setting a map I just leave it for 20 sec, then the desired setting will flash

But as you said you had a chat with the guys at DTUK about it(I'm just explaining for others out there!)

So, 1+3 huh...thats also my favourite! :)
its certainly aggressive, and puts the biggest grin on my face. i like sitting in 3rd, around 2.5kRPM and gently apply the throttle to half way al let it rev out, whilst it pushes me back in the seat!
i did half a tank in 3+3, ok, yes its stronger into the red line, but its not as aggressive from the mid to the top. the speedo certainly climbs but it wasn't aggressive enough for me.

what i have noticed is on 1+3 is that coming off the throttle can be very jerky (not every time mind, depends on throttle and boost etc)
but i can live with that.
i don't think 1st gear can really handle it that well, it just doesn't feel like a machine, but the rest of them, really get me grinning.

I've found that i set the map i want, and then i don't press anything, after 5-6 seconds, the lights will flash, and pushing the buttons confirms that the map is locked in.
when i unplugged it, i unlocked it, and pressed P until there were no lights showing...its now ready to remove. plug it back in and unlock it, it opens up in my last desired map.

as for 0-60, I've not recorded a figure I'm pleased with yet - but ill get there.
my 60-120 I'm happy with, but again, id like it a little less.

but I'm very happy with how it performs. I'm dying to get it on a rolling road now!

The S3 has a boost map per gear so you don't run as much boost in lower gears so you don't notice as much gain from the dtuk

Reactions: RO65ERS
The S3 has a boost map per gear so you don't run as much boost in lower gears so you don't notice as much gain from the dtuk

its only 1st that is, i guess, a let down.
it goes from strength to strength after that, but 1st is such a short gear, its soon done and dusted and onto the good stuff lol.

its only 1st that is, i guess, a let down.
it goes from strength to strength after that, but 1st is such a short gear, its soon done and dusted and onto the good stuff lol.
3rd upwards is where I notice it the most

3rd upwards is where I notice it the most

as i said above
i love sitting in third and rolling on all the way to the red. it puts a proper smile on my face!

i think DTUK have made a really good product here. (Bang / Buck)
i would still like to get a decat - full system in the future, and I'm unsure how this will affect it, but I'm hoping it compliments each other. its just a shame its not a map, so it won't delete the EML.