Just Great

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
Amazing what a 7.5 tonne lorry does to your pride and joy at the hands of not the most astute driver you would meet.

For the record the lorry just stopped in the road and then reversed into me,his underride bar hit me good, no injuries to me (touch wood) but was shook up.

Attachments

• 20191228_151006.jpg
    20191228_151006.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 175
  • 20200707_142731.jpg
    20200707_142731.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 180
Glad your OK @voorhees, the car looks written off though :sadlike:

JG
I don't think it'll be written off. Looks like bonnet wing headlight, all easy bolt on stuff. Would need to see from the other side as well.
Hope it works out for you Voorhees

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Glad your ok Jase. Hopefully you get the car sorted soon. x

Reactions: voorhees
Amazing what a 7.5 tonne lorry does to your pride and joy at the hands of not the most astute driver you would meet.

For the record the lorry just stopped in the road and then reversed into me,his underride bar hit me good, no injuries to me (touch wood) but was shook up.

Oh no Hope you get it sorted

I don't think it'll be written off. Looks like bonnet wing headlight, all easy bolt on stuff. Would need to see from the other side as well.
Hope it works out for you Voorhees
Its only metal, plastic and rubber so not that fussed but the bumpers broke as well as the radiator/slam panel and also the wings were bulging (mm's) on either side where they butt up to the base of the A pillar

A quick pull on the frame would sort it but some people are put off when any frame pulling is required, which I fully understand.
That's too bad

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

A quick pull on the frame would sort it but some people are put off when any frame pulling is required, which I fully understand.
That's too bad
The cynical side of me says it'll be a write off, to a normal person its repairable but as it is under the insurance envelope it changes.
For example it was still running so I said I'll drive it to the bodyshop but no no it'll be picked up...from an outsourced company.
Also I live in a fairly big city 400,000 but no repair companies here !? It has to go Leicester.
The courtesy car is okay :D Merc c 300

Reactions: Sandra, RS5 JON and QuattroCalum
The cynical side of me says it'll be a write off, to a normal person its repairable but as it is under the insurance envelope it changes.
For example it was still running so I said I'll drive it to the bodyshop but no no it'll be picked up...from an outsourced company.
Also I live in a fairly big city 400,000 but no repair companies here !? It has to go Leicester.
The courtesy car is okay :D Merc c 300
Not so much a claim as a job creation scheme.....

Reactions: voorhees and Alistair D
Aw sorry to see this! It’s only metal though, glad your ok

Ouch. Glad your ok. Never pleasant at any time but we’re you in it at the time and saw it reversing?

Oh mate you're not having much luck with cars!!!!

Glad you're ok that's the main thing!

Rav