just got my first car.

• Thread starter imported_CrazyS4
  • Start date
I

imported_CrazyS4

Hey im 16 and just got my first car. It’s a 2001 S4 its so great so fast.
I hope to become a big part of they forums and the first thing I want to do to my car is chip it. So what chip will give my car the most power thanks guys.

How the f*ck can you afford the insurance?
Bet it's not as fast as my Polo 900cc (my first car)

i hate people who give their sniveling spoiled little brats nice cars that the rest of the world has to work hard and save to afford

Congrats man! you have a very fast car but just a piece of advise: "don't chip it soooo soon man, enjoy for while, get use to driving the car first, figure out it's limits and when you know your car by heart then go up gradually!". I waited a year to start doing some mods on my car and every year, I increase some horsepower (reached my limit now).

DRIVE SAFELY!!!!!!!! Don't go showing off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

G

[ QUOTE ]
Afour said:
i hate people who give their sniveling spoiled little brats nice cars that the rest of the world has to work hard and save to afford

[/ QUOTE ]

Man if you had the money for it, wouldn't you buy your son a nice car???? By him earning it of course!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I most definitly would not, he wouldn't appreciate what he's got. Things mean more to someone if its their hard earned money that they had to spend. I also hate those spoiled rich kids, but i know i'm better off doing things on my own rather than having to rely on mommy and daddy, haha

congrats dude, nice motor how about posting some piccies of it, drive careful, by the way how much did it cost you for insurance? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Man if you had the money for it, wouldn't you buy your son a nice car???? By him earning it of course!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I would but no-way something like an s4 as a first car- he`d get something less powerfull such as a small 1.4 hatchback. There was a case once where a guy bought his 17 year old son a Porsche and stumped up a silly amount for insurance- The son didnt take to long to crash it...and killed a pedestrian. The judge was very critical of the father when sentencing- rightly so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

p.s. nothing persoanl but I know what sixteen year olds can be like... an s4 and money to chip it...hmmmm

[ QUOTE ]
CrazyS4 said:
Hey im 16 and just got my first car. It’s a 2001 S4 its so great so fast.
I hope to become a big part of they forums and the first thing I want to do to my car is chip it. So what chip will give my car the most power thanks guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats m8 ... welcome to the forums !!

ps. ignore the jealousy ...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Man, like I said, if it is earned by my child and that I can rely on his responsable behavour...I would definatly buy him an S4! Furthermore, the S4 although it's powerfull, it's also a pretty safe car! It's all about how you manage your children! AGAIN PLEASE DRIVE SAFELY AND ENJOY!

"16 year old" - "S4"- "responsible behaviour"

Ummm something not quite right here.

I think I'd be a bit disappointed if I could truly rely on my sons responsible behaviour at 16!

I still think you're first car should be a clapped out old deathtrap to really get them to appreciate the important things in life, like brakes that actually work.

hey sounds like you have yourself a very nice car, just dont make the same mistake as me!! respect your car and always assume the worst will happen cos it just might!!

well.... my A4 is my second car, had a 1.2 corsa before it, and im only 18.... saying that i did drive a moped for like a year at 16, so i suppose that imporved things. Nice car tho mate....urm... s4.... i rekon around 7-8 grand insurance for that...atleast. 16????? u have to be 17 to drive in the uk!! lol... or u keeping it till u pass lol??

[ QUOTE ]
Audi_DavE said:
well.... my A4 is my second car, had a 1.2 corsa before it, and im only 18.... saying that i did drive a moped for like a year at 16, so i suppose that imporved things. Nice car tho mate....urm... s4.... i rekon around 7-8 grand insurance for that...atleast. 16????? u have to be 17 to drive in the uk!! lol... or u keeping it till u pass lol??

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave, is the insurance that expensive in the UK???? Man when I was 18, I got myself a corrado Vr6 in Montreal, I paid 2000 Canadian Dollars/year on mine!! WOW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

G.

from what i've seen in michael moore's videos, canada seems a like it has a lot less crime, especially if you can leave your doors unlocked on your house!!! probably why insurance is lower.

first cars get wrecked it allmost doesnt matter how safe they drive ish happens kids that get everything that they want easlly offten tend to be good for noting snots thats all im saying hope you and your car have a long fun filled and safe life together
my wife drives our a4 mostly the reason i bought it was for her and my 14 month old daughter much nicer and safer than the 4 door civic she had

Afour, excellent choice with the A4. Is it sedan or avant? Since we had our son, I've been thinking of buying an S4 avant or an RS4 (more spatious and still very powerful) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I wanted to get the allroad but many told me to reconsider... I've heard some complaints! I wonder why?

Anyways, HAPPY DRIVING!

G.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Welcome to the forum. Are you based in the States? I've noticed a couple of other young-ish (16/17) forum members who are also driving S4s or 1.8Ts and they were in the US.

Well come myman and like the rest say be careful as you have a very powerful car for someone your age.

In regards to should he have it!

Well if it was my kid, earned it or not or safety or not, I would not give my son such a car.

Because as stated if he was to kill or be killed because of his lack of skill in driving such a car I would not forgive myself so a new less powerful car would be the order of the day, And then and only then after he's shown me he is skilled and mature enough would I consider a more powerful car.

It’s like giving a kid a gun you can only he wont pull the trigger.