Just got 2.5 quattro tdi and interesting problems with it

Amphi

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Anyone had similar electrical problem?

1. The interior lights won't turn on unless the drivers door are opened (I've searched the internet... no clues)
2. Central locking mechanism locks and unlocks only front doors (There is power on rear doors)

Does anyone has some kind of diagram on what wire to look out for?

As for mechanical problem
When i floor the gas pedal in 1st or 2nd gear and press clutch to change in 3rd gear the clank sound is produced which also can be felt in car, but this don't happen if i drive it nicely.
My guess here are engine mounts(Does this car have electrical mounts)?
But also heard it may be driveshaft.

Thanks for taking the time reading this

Hi, Welcome to Audi-Sport.net . your electrical problem is probably down to an issue with the CCM (Convenience Control Module) or associated wiring. The CCM controls a lot of the interior electrics, alarm, locking etc. Audi locate it a stupid position .

You need to get under the car to check the gearbox / engine mounts . The snub mount on the front of the engine is a popular one that is cheap to replace.

Reactions: Amphi
Hi, Welcome to Audi-Sport.net . your electrical problem is probably down to an issue with the CCM (Convenience Control Module) or associated wiring. The CCM controls a lot of the interior electrics, alarm, locking etc. Audi locate it a stupid position .

You need to get under the car to check the gearbox / engine mounts . The snub mount on the front of the engine is a popular one that is cheap to replace.

Thank you for taking the time to share this useful information with me desertstorm! Will report the progress.

Hello,

The mechanical problems with knocking sound when flooring gas pedal are fixed. The problems were indeed the engine\gearbox\snub mounts.

But the electrical were not fixed.

The problems
1. The interior lights won't turn on unless i open the drivers door (I've searched the internet... no clues)
2. Central locking mechanism locks and unlocks only front doors and trunk but not the rear doors (There is power on rear doors)
3. Parasitic battery drain

Today i've removed the CCM (Convenience Control Module) and found a very clean box and it's insides.
I even looked around under the carpet for something strange but everything seems in order.

Some pictures of today voyage into the CCM

imgur.com/a/i8PcmJS
Anyone got some ideas what should i check next?
Thank you !

Last edited:
Ok, today when i was driving on a bumpy road the interior lights turned on by itself and then worked normally till i've restarted the engine...