just fitted induction kit

curtis11

Reaction score
hi guys, just fitted a raid hp induction kit {1.8t} . bit of a wee [censored] to fit but lets you know there is a turbo big time, lots of turbo noise and diverter valve noise but not much noise on the induction noise side.
well happy with it and got it for £31.50 brand spanker from ebay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

did it take a long time to reach you, there is only one guy ive seen selling them on there lee! took nearly 1 and a half months to get to me, and there were parts missing, it did not have a bracket to hold the filter up!

well worth it though!

no , i have seen that gimp selling them.
this was from a guy who had bought it and then sold the car, everything was with it except the dubli clip to hold the filter on

So does it give you any noticable performance increase then? Or does it just sound good?

no, there is no way you will notice an increase with an air filter,
say it did give 5 horse, that would be impossible to tell.

But it does sound pretty sweet - turbo city!

oh so you think if i had 300 bhp i would notice an extra 5 horse . DONT THINK SO

[ QUOTE ]
curtis11 said:
oh so you think if i had 300 bhp i would notice an extra 5 horse . DONT THINK SO

[/ QUOTE ]

No but 5 hear and 5 there make for a difference. I am at 395 and just for the sake of it want 400. An induction kit could do this (quoted at 10-15bhp for the S4). No ones fitted one yet on a RHD S4 though. Also most reports contain more about throttle response etc than they do about performance so yes, you could notice it even if you don't feel the extra power...if that makes sense!

Tuning cars is all about balance. If the induction side is restrictive then making it less restrictive will make the car more efficient (this can be more straight power or simply better power delivery).

With the A4 it certainly seems that the induction side is pretty good - it is the exhaust manifold that is the single biggest bottleneck (once basic mods have been completed).

Filter manufacturers will quote figures based on the best increases they have seen (10% plus is realistic for some cars) but expecting a simple 10% increase just because another differently designed car did is a little unrealistic.

When I changed my car to a K&N 57i Kit the power seemed to drop but was smoother - I did get much more noise from the dump valve though. This is all based on my butt dyno by the way....

If you want to change the filter change it bit is doesn't seem to be an easy route to extra power for our cars from what I have read.

Greg

there is no limit to exhaust manifolds, book limit anyway, most people would modify this to increase exhaust flow, wht you need to think o is fast in and fast out, air flow, therefore induction kit and exhaust is good but would still be some what restricted by the cat, best thing to do would be doing a manifold back exhaust system, however these are not cheap and may only gain up to 15 BHP ish,