Just changed my opinion of my S3

scoobyra

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!
Reaction score
Had a whole day at Goodwood today and clocked up over 130 miles on the track!!
Considering the last time I did a track day there it was in my Impreza I was pleasantly surprised, bearing in mind my S3 is bog standard except for the revo it really kicked ****!!
The brakes went off after about 6 laps, it wasn't very fast on the straights and my knee kept digging into the centre consel everytime I went round a right handed corner but what a laugh......I had a grin from ear to ear. It was squirming all over the place, screeching the tyres......
Impressed??? Not half, my boring 260bhp hatchback really came to life and to make things even better......seriously embarassed a few of my Subaru mates.!!!
I cant wait to get a proper suspension setup and see what it's like then!:yahoo:

Sounds good! Finally someone who can compare the s3 vs. scooby :)

I know exacly what you mean.......

I actually sold my audi, due to living in portsmouth and driving 60 miles up the A3 every day.

it was only a month later when I drove my old audi again back in cornwall, on some decent roads, that I realised I really could enjoy it a whole load more than that silly M3 I bought, and ended up buying it back again!

How was was a trackday at goodwood? It's litearlly mins from me (I'm in pompey too)

Do you fancy meeting up some time? I'd love to see what an S3 owner thinks of my 'tweaked' A3.....

that I realised I really could enjoy it a whole load more than that silly M3 I bought

Yeah the M3 is ***** huh comparing against the S3 as I test drove one & couldnt wait to get back to my S3, urrggghhhh

Not the latest M3 mind you but god it was worse drive ever.

good feed back scoobs!!! we defo need to get a meet sorted next summer bringing the southern fairy's together with the northern monkey's!!

'i'd love to see what an S3 owner thinks of my A3' Prawn, you make me laugh fella:) always trying to prove sumat....go buy an S3 matey, you know you really want to

go buy an S3 matey, you know you really want to

Prawn will burn you for that Tim!

Good to see other people tracking their S3
I did mine and posted it on youtube and had comments about how to drive properly by peeps who never took their car near a track or by ones who drive a snotter

LOL animal!! I've owned an A3 t sport too. I guess what I was trying to say was although my S3 isn't anywhere near my impreza in terms of power I was really surprised at just how well it went round the track considering everyone says it's a bit lame out of the box. The small turbo works really well on tight, twisty corners and doesn't suffer from lag unlike the wrx where you put your foot down on Monday and by thursday it's just coming on boost!!!!! The straights are a bit of a pain in the **** though LOL:wtf:

its good knowing that as i havent tracked mine yet, half of that is through fear because i havent done anything to it apart from the map.....

yup im ex 1.8T A3 owner too lol, i decided to upgrade to the S3 after 6 long but pleasant years:)

As long as you can drive Tim your S3 will be fine.
Imagine my mates face when he saw me climbing all over the back of his 340bhp Spec C........priceless, until we hit a straight........LOL. To be fair to my car, I was running out of grip so I guess a set of R888s would make it stick like **** to a blanket and enable me to keep my foot down more through the corners. It's never going to compete with a 300+bhp rally car in a straight line so there's no point in trying! What it did prove though is that the S3 chassis is a lot better than most people think, ok, it took a day on a track to convince me of this as on the road I was a bit disappointed, but never the less I was chuffed to bits. I might look into a haldex controller to see if it makes any difference with having perm four wheel drive! ;)

I went on a day when it was wet in the morning and I was happy as larry watching the others sliding all over the place until it dried out.