Just brought a 2015 A3 that I want to some retro fits to

Neil the sparky

Reaction score
Good evening all, we brought a 2015 A3 sportback a couple of weeks ago, loving the car but it’s missing a few creature comforts which I’d like to add, I’ll be searching the forum and posting some please can you help threads! its a 2.0 tdi Quattro auto. Used my VCDS to do the needle sweep, replaced the failed rear wiper motor, just done the cam belt and water pump and need to replace the rear wheel bearings (they are droning a bit) looking to do auto lights, auto wipers and cruise control and hopefully fit an after market CarPlay kit.
cheers Neil

Hello. I retrofitted cruise control on my A3 it was just a matter of new stalk and coding it with vcds in 2 ecus one was engine the other i cant remember, probably the steering wheel one. Auto lights and wipers might be a challenge though cuz the sensors for those are behind the windscreen? Best of luck

Reactions: simlocks
Hello. I retrofitted cruise control on my A3 it was just a matter of new stalk and coding it with vcds in 2 ecus one was engine the other i cant remember, probably the steering wheel one. Auto lights and wipers might be a challenge though cuz the sensors for those are behind the windscreen? Best of luck
Hi, can i ask what reg car you did this on ? i want add cruise to my car 2016 A3 8v, not sure what stalk to buy with the right part number. I got VCDS on the way. thanks

Hi, can i ask what reg car you did this on ? i want add cruise to my car 2016 A3 8v, not sure what stalk to buy with the right part number. I got VCDS on the way. thanks
Hey im not from the UK so the reg is irrelevant, car was 2007 the 8p version. I remember it was important in my older one that it had steering wheel buttons since that meant it has the steering wheel module. For your newer one im unsure what's necessary. Sorry, best of luck.

Reactions: simlocks
Hay, thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate it and you taking the time to reply. I'll have to do some more research. have a great day.