Just bought some 18'' S-Line alloys with tyres, will they fit ok...?

BigWillyStyle

Reaction score
Hi there, just bought some 18'' RS alloys from an A6, correct fitment for my A3 but wondering about the ride to expect or any issues?

They're 8.5J and have 225/40/18 tyres on them so they're a bit wider than my original S-Line alloys.

I have everything standard like suspension and brakes on my S-Line.

Thanks, Will

Standard fit wheels on a 2009 S-Line is 7.5J x 18H2 ET54. They are fitted with 225/40 R18 tyres.
Not sure if a 8.5J will fit, could be to wide, may come down to offset and or adding spacers.

Standard fit wheels on a 2009 S-Line is 7.5J x 18H2 ET54. They are fitted with 225/40 R18 tyres.
Not sure if a 8.5J will fit, could be to wide, may come down to offset and or adding spacers.

Mine is a 2004 A3. The guy says there is no ET mark on the back.Picking them up from Lincoln on Sat.

Dec on this site has some 8.5J S-Line alloys from an A4 on his without spacers so hopefully i dont need to go down that route.

thats with standerd suspention all round

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346163898522.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346163898522.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 150
  • uploadfromtaptalk1346163920009.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346163920009.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 127
They look good, will be better than my standard 18'' 7.5J S-Line alloys!

Um. I thought all genuine Audi wheels had p/n's, wheel sizes & ET stamped on the back of spokes.
Glad you got it sorted. :)

They won't fit... They will be too wide and the off set will be wrong.

If they haven't got a ET marking on the wheel then they aren't genuine either.

The wheels in the pics from hjdavies aren't from an A6 either... They are TTS style wheels and yes are 18" but aren't of A6 width.

I never said they were Genuine Audi ones. They are replicas.

How will 8.5J be too wide when people have 9J's on?

but unless the tyres are streched. my tyres and his are the same? so how wont they fit ?

Yours are 8.5J yeah?

Like i say dec on here has 8.5J on his and another guy has 9J on his so dont see how they wont fit....

They will likely fit but sit out a bit, especially at the front.

I never said they were Genuine Audi ones. They are replicas.

How will 8.5J be too wide when people have 9J's on?

Standard width on the A3 is 7.5J from the factory. People fit whatever but with a lot of modifications. They will probably rub on the back suspension arm.

As Fran said above, it's not the width but the offset... N8 is your wheel man on here.

Standard width on the A3 is 7.5J from the factory. People fit whatever but with a lot of modifications. They will probably rub on the back suspension arm.

As Fran said above, it's not the width but the offset... N8 is your wheel man on here.

I really hope they dont. If they fit comfortably on an A6 without any issues and the ET range is the same as an A3 then wouldnt that mean they should be ok? I dont know i'm just trying to think about it logically.

Help N8! lol

Stick the wheels on and find out.
Report back.

Oh yeah, welcome to Lincoln.

Stick the wheels on and find out.
Report back.

Oh yeah, welcome to Lincoln.

Well i'll find out tomorrow when i put them on but thought i'd ask just to keep me calm but obviously not working!

Just an update, the wheels are on and fit perfectly! ET is spot on and all i need now is some lowering! Thanks for the replies!

:sign_pics:

awsome need some pics now ! so glad they fit well

Haha i will get some pics up when i get my internet sorted at home. Currently using the works internet so dont have time to load pictures up etc without geting caught lol.

The wheels have a nice bit of stretch in them so they just need about a 40mm drop and i'll be satisfied!

Cheers hjdavies!

What coilovers do you have and how much if you dont mind me asking? Still in the Coilover vs Springs debate with myself.....

i dont have any on this car as of yet. had lowering springs once on previous cars. never again. i had koni coils on my saxo. and then gaz on my corrolla gt16. iv been hearing some very good reviews avout jamex even tho theyr cheap

Ah right for some reason i thought you had coilovers on!

Will have to see what the Wife lets me put on haha!