Just bought an S4.......

S3 Wannabe

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello to the guys on this side of the forums, just replaced my S3 with a B6 S4 after lots of searching and waiting.

Paid less than 10K for a silver 03 plate avant with full service history (mainly Audi), 57K miles, 6 spoke avus alloys, heated black leather with grey alcantara inserts, carbon fibre trim.

Well chuffed with it -just trying not to think too much about the fuel bills!!!

I was wondering if there was an adaptor which is recommended for attaching an MP3 player??? Had an x carlink in the S3 and was happy with that.

Welcome to the B6 forum.

What head unit have you got in the S4 ? - this can influence your connection options.

Welcome to the B6 forum.

What head unit have you got in the S4 ? - this can influence your connection options.

Good point! Symphony system with front loading 6CD changer and tape player -double DIN.

Picks from company website I bought from:

http://www.vectura.uk.com/HG03ZZM.htm

Only thing I would've liked is an arm rest, is it possible to to fit one????

:thumbsup: looks very nice mate, love that black leather with grey alcantara :)

i would put a s4 badge on the grill as show the world it is what is is..... .

however nice one

i got a arm rest off audi for a good price as a mate worked there, & it was after a good 15 mins it was fitted in my 1.9 tdi.

so i would get one mate & get it fitted asap as it is a god send when you drive.

:)

solisto units fit to audi stereos for ipod/mp3 connection.

Congrats on S4 ownership, can't see the pics anymore but sounds good. Enjoy.

Congrats on S4 ownership, can't see the pics anymore but sounds good. Enjoy.

Try it again mate, seems to be working now!

Another question: what oil is best for the old V8???? Halfords reckon 5/30 semi and mobil website says 0/40 full syn.

Try it again mate, seems to be working now!

Another question: what oil is best for the old V8???? Halfords reckon 5/30 semi and mobil website says 0/40 full syn.

Most people tend to go for a 5w40. But I think audi specify the 5w30. Both Full synthetic

Nice S4! it looks good in silver. I fitted a RNS-E as that can play mp3's off SD cards. But Kufatec do a kit that plugs straight into an mp3 playerLinkor this one thats a bit more but hides in the glovebox link

Thanks guys for the responses, will look into the adaptors.

Yeah well chuffed with the silver, I had my heart set on grey but really couldn't find one within the budget and spec I had set.

Ive only ever seen one other in Cornwall so feel an air of exclusivity when I drive around. Those RS4's are everywhere however, ****** commoners.......