1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

B8 Just bought an RS4!

DeanoC Aug 8, 2016

1. GeoffDunk

GeoffDunk Well-Known Member

Trust me, you will enjoy it, it'll put a smile on your face every time you cold start it, every time you open it up and every time you clean it, as an all-round package they are excellent.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. GeoffDunk

You dont spend best part of £60k to have it sitting around.

I didn't buy it to not drive, I do a lot of miles a year and wanted a car to enjoy, i don't look at the MPG, its pointless, when its empty I fill it up. Servicing costs are not high, only the brakes are higher prices, £270 for front pads, £1800+ for front disks, other than that its the same as an S4 really.

Insurance for me is £365 FC per year so not expensive in that department either. Road fund licnese is pricey at £450 but hey ho, I have a big grin on my face every time I drive it and its a joy to drive, it eats up miles with ease.

I'll swap it out for a B9 RS4 and I can;t see that being any different, was going to go RS6 but buy the time I am ready to order the RS6 order book will be closed.

SPIKE_S3 likes this.
  4. DeanoC

DeanoC Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I'm with you. I will be doing 15k a year no problem. Not sure about the B9 as it's rumoured to be a 2.9l V6 with a slush box but we will see

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. GeoffDunk

Its a 3 litre twin electric turbo (no turbo lag) S-tronic (DSG) circa 480-500 bhp and a higher torque figure than the B8.5.

6. DeanoC

DeanoC Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

If it is I'll be interested. Obviously the VAG ship has changed direction post dieselgate and i wouldn't be suprised if the panamera lump lands in it to bring the timing back. All the S and RS stuff is late now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk