Just bought an A6 tdi sport

rob0904

Reaction score
Well ive managed to get myself an sport avant.... needs some stuff do but nothing bad....

I think the abs pump is knackered. got abs, traction control and brake malfunction on the dis with it bleeping....

Both front windows cable are broken....

The gearstick is very sloppy and i can push into reverse without pushing it down. Is there a spring or something underneath the plastic ball...

The radio is stuck in safe mode...

some bits of body work, nothing major.

if anyone could help me with anything please please let me know.

rob

On the window cable front, mine went on passenger side. Ebay is best bet, 25 quid for a new regulator per side.

There is someone breaking an a6 local to me so im going to get the complete frames off him. Easier to bolt the whole frames on...

I sorted the gearstick slipping into reverse without push it down by putting a washer under the plastic ball assembly. A bodge i know but its worked.

still cant get the radio out of safe mode to let me put a code in. Tried leaving it turned on with the ingintion on for an hour. Searched and tried all the button combos to get it out of safe mode. Is it ********?

Not looked at the abs pump yet. Need someone local to me with vagcom to make sure its not be replaced and not coded yet.

once i get these bits done i think it might need a gearbox mount as i get clunk when changing gears....

then i can think about retrofitting some goodies it should really have...

a height led cluster

Cruise control and dis stalks

And an rest rest.

heres a quick picture

rob

Thanks, for the info....

The radio is being a right pain. I can not get it out of safe mode. Done the leave it on for an hour or longer ect.... still nit playing ball.

Might just buy another one haha

I know this will sound stupid but. .... if the brake switch is a duffer will the brake lights still work?

I know this will sound stupid but. .... if the brake switch is a duffer will the brake lights still work?

Yes (mine did) but throws a load of warnings up. As for the stereo, I have a working (coded) Concert CD unit out of my C5 allroad I'd be happy to sell. or just replace with an aftermarket unit from halfords :)

As above and get a proper switch if it is on the VCDS scan.
I had various offers of whole new ABS installs till I had APS check it out and replace the new pattern switch with a VAG one and all the little MILs ran away....

I had a look at the switch, it must be a cheap one as its got no part numbers on it. There only a cheap part so i might chuck one on but a genuine one....

I might take u up on the stereo, while ive been messing ive found an connect2 with an ipod lead. Are these any good?

Rob

My dads picked me up a brake switch from audi, £13.04 haha not fitted yet. Doin my windows first.

I dont think the mpg is very good at the mo. Whats the best way to improve it? Other than service and cleaning the egr valve.

It's not getting up to temp so goin to swap thermostat and cts....

The joys of a cheap car haha

OK as longs as you not going to get upset if the VCDS shows its something else?
Connect2 useful addition (as long as you have a iphone before 5)
MPG linked to thermostat/operating temp most definitely.
EGR only if its smoking?

You don't own an Audi...your rent it.....rent goes up every month!

Haha i know, for the brake switch 13 quid for a genuine one aint bad, plus i will know thats all good if it is something else.

Just fitting my windows frames £70 for the pair with motors so now ive got 2 good motors, frames and glass spare.....

Going to get my brake switch in a min fingers crossed

New brake switch fitted and work took a couple of goes.... lights still light and the beeping going on do i need to clear the code or would they clear them selves?

Rob

Nice one... There is hope still then....

Hopefully goin to see a friend from work with vagcom tonight or tomorrow mornin.

fingers crossed again

Just been out checking things again, my third brake light isnt working....

Yet another thing to sort

My mate has just been round amd read the codes....

Was lots of random ones to do with the alarm sensors.

Abs wise it pulled up the brake switch as well as front left speed sensor so maybe that's the little ******. Tomorrow i will pull the sensor clean it all up and check the wiring for breaks. I havent got the file but i will be getting it soon.

Wasnt the brake switch but i have got a genuine one now tho

Mornin more of an update on my abs troubles. Took the left front wheel off to have a look at the sensor. It came out very easy not much dirt on it, so i checked the ring on the cv joint. Well there is my problem the ring doesnt spin when i turn the drive shaft.

Is it possible to replace just the ring or is it a new out cv joint?

Well fitted at reluctor ring and now no lights on the dash and the abs kicks in....

£1.20 off ebay so might not last forever but for now im happy!!

On to the next problem hahah

Well its all serviced, checked the egr valve its quite clean and had the bottom intercooler pipe off no oil in there. So some good things finally....

Getting around 130 miles on 20 quid before the service and thats country lane driving.

Did my first retro fit on it.... put in an armrest which will make my 200 journey to the south coast a bit more comfortable...

I want to fit or refit the under tray as its missing as well as the engine cover.

Little things now really bar somehow getting a full lcd cluster retrofitted

Rob