Just bought an A3 - it's got a few mods. Your thoughts please!

Jordan427

Reaction score
Okay, so just returned home with an a3 2.0t s line quattro. After looking through all the receipts it has had the following mods done to it:

APR Stage 1
Haldex ECU upgrade
Milltek Non-resonated exhaust.

It's also had cruise control retro fitted which I guess is something to do with the APR maps?

As someone who worries about everything how would you guys feel about this? Pretty happy as it's had 1500 quids worth of mods done to it, which is about a 1/3 of the value of the car, or would you be a bit more wary?

Interested to hear your thoughts!

Cheers :) I know, I can't help being a worrying sod! But your two posts have helped!

As long as its been serviced ok and had the cambelt done (if it needs it) then I would be happy.

Only other thing to mention is that if its been mapped for good fuel (vpower) then make sure you keep using it, although you should be using it anyway :yes:

Congrats on the purchase :)

Thanks, yeah it's had a good service history and had the cambelt done 15-20k miles ago!

Reactions: Dean_T
As Dean says,if its been properly serviced it will be fine.

Lots of people worry about mapped or modified cars but also forget that most of us who do those things look after the cars really well.

Hope you enjoy it.

Lets see some pics of your new ride Jordan :)

Thanks all for making me feel less concerned!! :)

Took this from the front door, will add a few close up shots later! 20130720 193202

Looks great! You do realise you will be modding more soon don't you?
This is how they get you, there all nice on here and they say put a few pics up and bang before long you'll be adding rnse sat nav, s3 pedals, flat bottom steering wheels, 19 inch wheels and much much more. Save yourself go, go quickly, haha ;)

Welcome to the site it's quite addictive
Enjoy the motor.

Thanks mate! I wont be going mad that's for sure, the only thing I'm probably going to do is change the rear light clusters!

I can only partially be responsible for some on here spending there money :p

So if you wish to spend more, on oem technology, give me a shout lmao.

When I first bought my A3 the idea was to buy a decent motor and just keep it standard. Since joining here its gone something like this.
MY11 rear lights,
Ambient interior lighting
Cruise control retrofit
'Get me home' headlight retrofit
Set of alloys
Tinted windows
Some coilovers
S Line front bumper and grill
Remap
EGR delete.

Yeah you get the idea it never stays standard for long. Think I managed about 4-5 months until the first mod appeared lol.

I can only partially be responsible for some on here spending there money :p

So if you wish to spend more, on oem technology, give me a shout lmao.

That's my motto as well.

I can only point people in the right direction for a walletectomy but I cannot be responsible for the results.