Just bought an 8P!!!

C_Audiboy

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
2.0T Quattro S-Line in Brilliant red, with Symphony and Bose. On a 55 plate (Sept 05) and done 7k miles. Cost £19,990.

It looks and drives great, and I can't believe how tight the whole car feels - the build quality seems much improved from the 8L. Although the engine seems very quiet....... suppose I'm used to the S3 though.....

I got £13k trade in for my S3 (2002 with 41k miles), which was pretty much what I could have hoped to get as trade in. Sound like a good deal? There seems to be a lot of S3s on the go at the moment so I thought this price was good enough.

I'm looking forward to picking it up, although I'll be very sad to see the S3 go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The dealer quoted me £590 to get cruise and leather armrest fitted........ I though this was a bit steep until Glasgow Audi quoted me £476 +VAT for the armrest alone!!! Nutters!!!

Does £590 sound OK for the cruise and armrest, supplied and fitted?

Cheers,

Chris.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just go for the Cruise at £120!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Glasgow Audi quoted me £527 +VAT to retro-fit cruise!!!! I dunno what those guys are on sometimes!

I bought the car from Tyneside Audi, who quoted £590 all inclusive for both cruise and armrest....

Apparently cruise is not a straightforward job?

I know it's nowhere near where you live, but the Audi dealer in Stoke retro-fitted cruise for £260 inc VAT. This was about 6 months ago.

Edited to say that it took them about 2 hours to do on a Saturday morning.

You can get the arm rest for £185 but you will have to fit it your self or get the dealer to do it, possible a hundred quid?

[ QUOTE ]
You can get the arm rest for £185 but you will have to fit it your self or get the dealer to do it, possible a hundred quid?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the arm rest in leather this week for 185 and fitted myself

Its a 15 min job and quite easy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the arm rest in leather this week for 185 and fitted myself

Its a 15 min job and quite easy

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you reckon it costs Audi to make/buy that armrest ?

About two balloons and a windmill ?
Three fluffy cola-cubes and a Panini sticker of Craig Hignett ?

I thought £80 was OTT when I specced it to my new car,but £185 is truly mad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

****** DFS can practically do a whole leather sofa for that ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif