Just bought a S4 and.love it

Ash92

Reaction score
Evening all just picked up a sexy nogaro Blue s4 and from coming from a b7 2.0tdi it's amazing few questions I have though just been on a first night drive and the headlights/ xenon seem to be abit high is there any chance of adjusting these also has any one fitted auto headlights.
With the glove box hinge do you have to replace the whole glove box or can you just replace the hinge any got a part number.here's the beauty
DSC 0379
Thanks in advance

Reactions: Icarus83, pauldazzle, k909068 and 2 others
That is a stunning looking car, the colour is so vibrant. Enjoy. :) x

Cheers can't wait for the sun to come back out so I can start detailing :)

Reactions: Sandra
Ash, check out the faqs section, there may be a guide in there and quattrojames has posted a comprehensive part number list and lots of useful links. :) x

.....is there any chance of adjusting these also has any one fitted auto headlights.
With the glove box hinge do you have to replace the whole glove box or can you just replace the hinge any got a part number.

Nice S4 :icon_thumright:

Auto headlights requires a new windscreen with the light sensor fitted I think, I'm sure it's been done but it's a biggie.

You can repair the hinge, I've written a guide in the DIY Guide's sticky, or you can replace the glovebox. The lid isn't available on it's own unfortunately.

Reactions: Sandra
Cheers
I had a look through the diys last night some good ones in there which I'll be trying thanks

Think you need to upgrade the half grille to a full size one... Then wet sand it, and it'll look the nuts

xenons can be adjusted by height in two differnat ways
easiest is via vcds settings
there are sensors on the front and back of the vehicle which align the headlights to the correct height
when switched on the headlight cycle through maximum height , minimum height and then correct level
if you switch them on with the car facing a wall you will see the height change

you can manually adjust under bonnet , but unless its correct with sensors it may throw an error and put the warning light on
the auto on these headlight simply means they turn off after a specific time , not that they come on and off with light sensor

mine has auto but does not have a light sensor in screen

Ok cheers for that I had a look and.tried it manually but I had no look so think next step is vcds.

Thanks and yer by gar the best car iv owned so far couple things need sorting with it just but engine bay trim for it as it was missing but seems a bit wonky and I can't secure the aircon pipe cover down.if any one could.help would.be great also need to adjust Xenons as they point far to high apart from that the car is mint

I've just bought an B6 S4 myself and loving it, I love the Nogaro Blue colour, had my old S3 in the same colour, looks the dogs mate

What colour did you get and what kind of spec? I like the blue s3's aswel when they have the blacked out grill

Any one help me with this next to steering fluid below abs block think there's a gap is there ment to be any thing there.DSC 0164

What colour did you get and what kind of spec? I like the blue s3's aswel when they have the blacked out grill

Black 03 full leather, manual box, Miltek exhaust (sounds awesome, love that V8 rumble) 84k
I've just Plasti Dip the chrome on the front grills, looks so much better now, looks more modern I think

Bet that sounds amazing im on the look out for new exhaust is yours non res or resonated milltek and just waiting for the plasti dip to do the same

Any one help me with this next to steering fluid below abs block think there's a gap is there ment to be any thing there.View attachment 32225

its a gap the same as all the other s4,s
the electric servo pump for the tiptronic transmission is in the passenger side boot space , not in the engine bay

Iv been looking at a company by you p1tse called infinity exhaust they have done an rs4 and it sounds amazing there's a video on the Facebook

Well wasn't long.until something ****** broke on me these bonnet release handle won't open.the bonnet it moves but doesn't open any one had a problem with this

I've been out of the scene on mods etc.
Let me google them

So what's this plasti dip?

Plasti dip is a spray paint that can peel of if you don't like it basically but strong enough to stay on

well my car is a tiptronic and looks exactly like ash,s with a gap
my air pump is where i stated and looks nothing like the one above

mystery ?