Just booked in for R tech remap

Who you going to get to do that or is it the company that is doing your build programming it?

And back on to the R-tech is there a large waiting list then for Maps??

Who you going to get to do that or is it the company that is doing your build programming it?

Storm Developments for the programming and the work.

Syvecs for the ECU.

Very clever piece of kit.

I think all of the independents offering good software are deservedly busy.

APR map is £499 + vat for the S3 so i asked if they could do me a deal considering i only payed £600 4 months ago on my last S3 which went from stage 1, 2 and then 2+ and my response was NO. Which considering i have bigged them up for the last few months is quiet dishearting. So when there are companys eg R-tech able to offer a Map just as good along with Dyno etc for half the price then its a no brainer really.

Who are Storm Developments good company?

Reactions: S3Alex
APR map is £499 + vat for the S3 so i asked if they could do me a deal considering i only payed £600 4 months ago on my last S3 which went from stage 1, 2 and then 2+ and my response was NO. Which considering i have bigged them up for the last few months is quiet dishearting. So when there are companys eg R-tech able to offer a Map just as good along with Dyno etc for half the price then its a no brainer really.

Who are Storm Developments good company?

I think this is the thing....

When they get too big they lose sight of the customer focus.

OK...

www.stormdevelopments.co.uk

A number of very high power cars in development,and very keen to work with their customers in developing them.
I've had a lot of chats and advice from Andy there,and they've been developing the Syvecs ECU for use with Audi TFSi engines.

It's not a cheap route,but for anyone looking over the 500bhp region,superb.

Pop on over to my thread for more if you want,to avoid clogging up this thread.

I'd love a go in your S3 Alex I bet it's insane..

Yes sold it December last year but I bought another one 2 weeks ago haha.

So guys on same level as Revo & APR or is that abit to far asking that question?

In my experience, comparing Revo 2+ along with DSG map to RTech, RTech are streets ahead.

Revo 2+ never made the power for me, capping torque at ~310lb/ft. Had the car flashed back to standard map then went to RTech and it made 390lb/ft. Huge difference. In between I did have an uprated intercooler and RS4 fuel pressure valve fitted but I doubt that held back all that torque lol.

My car went back to my local Revo dealer a couple of times and also to Revo HQ too so it wasn't like I didn't give it a chance......

Reactions: Charlie23
Something odd there in some ways as the Revo Stg2+ map on mine cleared 360lbs.

Some of the gap may have come from both the intercooler and RS4 valve but at Stg2+ mine had neither.

Who knows.....
Different tuners,different setups or what but 310lbs is way low for a Stg2+ map.

Reactions: Compkiler
The only thing I can put it down to Alex is the later model S3s have different DSG software. Maybe Revo never 'cracked' the torque limiter, although this is just an assumption, I have no proof!

The lack of torque certainly points to a limiter of some sorts....

The only thing I can put it down to Alex is the later model S3s have different DSG software. Maybe Revo never 'cracked' the torque limiter, although this is just an assumption, I have no proof!

The lack of torque certainly points to a limiter of some sorts....

I think that's entirely possible,although it would never be public.

I do get the impression that development of the TFSi and associated bits like the DSG has stalled or been stuck on the back burner now that the 8V has appeared.
If that's the case,it's a pity as there are far more 8Ps around....

I think that's entirely possible,although it would never be public.

I do get the impression that development of the TFSi and associated bits like the DSG has stalled or been stuck on the back burner now that the 8V has appeared.
If that's the case,it's a pity as there are far more 8Ps around....
More money for them Alex, new car comes along meaning new version of software = oh we've gone into extensive research to produce the best so well charge x amount and leave the older models.

More money for them Alex, new car comes along meaning new version of software = oh we've gone into extensive research to produce the best so well charge x amount and leave the older models.

Totally agree.

Development on the Revo Stg3/4 software for mine stalled,or rather stopped completely,around 3 years ago....I think the bigger outfits push really hard to get software to the market quickly,then sit back,whereas the custom tuners,and smaller companies take longer maybe,but continue developing all the way.

Reactions: voorhees

Their lead time to book in is usually 2-3 weeks

they are also very good on price, as i had a stage1 map there when doing stage 2+ they did me a deal as a returning customer!

Totally agree.

Development on the Revo Stg3/4 software for mine stalled,or rather stopped completely,around 3 years ago....I think the bigger outfits push really hard to get software to the market quickly,then sit back,whereas the custom tuners,and smaller companies take longer maybe,but continue developing all the way.
And you'll be hard pushed to find an 8v running and had the time put into it than your 8p.

And you'll be hard pushed to find an 8v running and had the time put into it than your 8p.

There's a few on Stg2 as far as I know,but the big problem they'll have is the integrated head and exhaust manifold.

That's going to be an expensive barrier.

R tech are good there in leicester but there dyno is awful cant get a tru reading from a semi mobile dyno its awful peice of kit, if you want proper stage 2+ go see my mate chris CC tuning google his website got proper dyno dyno house with a proper built in floor dyno

Are you saying RTechs map isnt a 'proper stage 2+' map....?

What proof do you have of this, it's a pretty wild claim!

Reactions: RustyBucket
Are you saying RTechs map isnt a 'proper stage 2+' map....?

What proof do you have of this, it's a pretty wild claim!
Its a proper map no doubt just the dyno figures could be iffy mate due to there weird dodgy looking dyno set up, never heard bad things of maps from them just there dyno doesnt seem safe, a dyno should be built into the ground not a mobile dyno put in your workshop

TDI140 - That is ridiculous. Your friend may have a nice dyno set up but I'll put my neck out and say he hasn't completed 10% the amount of 2.0 TFSI maps Niki has.

Read some reviews, look at his Facebook pages or even try him out and you'll soon see why Niki is regarded as a master at mapping a 2.0 TFSI. He'll will work his **** off to make sure your car is running at full potential AND safe. He'll take the time to hear what you want in terms of driving style and make sure you are completely satisfied - Something a lot of these 'load a map and leave' tuners will not provide.

Reactions: RustyBucket
As far as I know, the RTech dyno is surface bolted to the ground as opposed to buried in the ground (and therefore not mobile). They have a ramp / lift that allows you to drive on to the dyno and the car is strapped down to the ramp / floor. Unconventional, yes - mobile, no. The dyno was purchased from Turbo Technics I believe.

If anything, I have heard that their dyno is pretty accurate compared to others and has regularly read results within a small tolerance of Badger5's dyno that is also another well respected tuner.

Reactions: mister.c., RustyBucket and Curley89
Just spoke with them today. A brief 'fact finding' call turned into a 15 minute chat about all sorts. Seemed very genuine, knowledgeable and professional. For anyone thinking of booking then they are closing for two weeks (for holidays) in the second half of May. I'm aiming to get there sometime in June to release some of my TFSI's power!

Booked in today for an early June visit to R-Tech!

Reactions: COSTA_P and Charlie23
R tech are good there in leicester but there dyno is awful cant get a tru reading from a semi mobile dyno its awful peice of kit, if you want proper stage 2+ go see my mate chris CC tuning google his website got proper dyno dyno house with a proper built in floor dyno

It is a Bosch LPS twin 12" roller dyno with eddy brake which can with good traction sweep test around 1200hp and steady state 600hp The chassis was produced in the 1980s when there was not compromise to build qulaity the best of the best hardware was used to build a Bosch branded product, You will not find another dyno chassis as sturdy / solid as this Bosch unit. The unit was commissioned for Cosworth Northampton in the 1980s. Since then its had a digital sports devices brake controller upgrade to provide perfect load control for the eddy brake which is around twice the size of most dyno brakes.

As for semi mobile?? I wish!
If you a 3 mates can move the dyno from one end of the workshop to the other end in less the 1 hour then I will give you £1000 each.. if you get half way I will give you £500 for the effort lol. It took two fork lift trucks and 6 people to get the dyno into the workshop back in 2009 and since then its only been moved 3ft back, to allow us to add a wind tunnel setup with velocity runners fed by a 9kw 4ft 1800rpm fan unit which will keep a stage 2+ tfsi air intake as 20-24deg all day long non stop no matter what the room temps are. I doubt it you find a VAG tuner using a cooling and fresh air system as effective as this one, If you look at most dyno even the one you mentioned at CC you will see they are in no fresh air fed rooms and not decent exhaust gas venting.

How is a dyno in the floor any better than a raised dyno?
A flush floor mounted dyno wont offer any decent strapping points, these are the ones you see on you tube with 2 people sitting on wings to get traction. Having a raised dyno allows for decent strapping down and manipulation of the car position to aid traction. Again if you speak to Chris at CC tuning when he got his new dyno he was having issues running cars as high power and getting contact patch losses and iffy readings which he could not work out, It was me who took a look at his strapping methods and saw the issue and gave him the solutions..... he contacted me because he knew I could get repeatable results on my dyno as all power levels with no traction or cooling issues.

Reactions: mister.c., COSTA_P, Granta and 1 other person
maxresdefault.jpg
7723521150_d0b8f5e4da_m.jpg

Reactions: COSTA_P
And in case someone brings it up.... r-tech dyno fail....

Reactions: COSTA_P, RustyBucket and Charlie23
Storm Developments for the programming and the work.

Syvecs for the ECU.

Very clever piece of kit.

I think all of the independents offering good software are deservedly busy.

Syvecs kit is indeed very clever, just seen how well in manages to put down the power for 500bhp front wheel drive.

Reactions: Mario8P and S3Alex
Syvecs kit is indeed very clever, just seen how well in manages to put down the power for 500bhp front wheel drive.

It is quite amazing.

Ryan and Andy have programmed the TC so well on mine that I haven't needed to alter it at all.