Facelift Just about to order - S3 Saloon, Nano Grey

In the A4, I never touch the handbrake - HHA is always activated, whenever I come to a stop the handbrake comes on. I presume it's the same in the S3, and the HH (not HHA) just holds on a... hill?
Best not rely on the gearbox on the S tronic to stop car rolling when parked..It can cause damage to the box and engine..Yes it does well on hills so agree with @allanmb get rid of HHA unless it's part of a package?

Best not rely on the gearbox on the S tronic to stop car rolling when parked..It can cause damage to the box and engine..Yes it does well on hills so agree with @allanmb get rid of HHA unless it's part of a package?

I don't rely on the box, I rely on the handbrake, engaged by HHA!

Reactions: pburv
I don't rely on the box, I rely on the handbrake, engaged by HHA!
Sorry mate I wasn't that clear .What I was referring to was the standard electronic brake that's fitted in conjunction with Stronic..The rocking that occurs when you are in park without the brake applied will damage box and engine..:friends:

Cheers Pburv, however I've just thought I wont be buying new like that, i'

so presumably that means they can view second hand stock across the country too?

When it comes to the time I can get an s3 I will be looking to buy a second hand facelift model

Used stock is different. You will only be able to see that within the dealer groups. AFAIA

Sorry mate I wasn't that clear .What I was referring to was the standard electronic brake that's fitted in conjunction with Stronic..The rocking that occurs when you are in park without the brake applied will damage box and engine..:friends:

Ah, that description does indeed sound like it wouldn't be healthy.

Another vote for ditching HHA. Seems pointless in daily driving with an S-Tronic. I never use my handbrake unless parking up somewhere and neither of my S3's ever rolled back even when the brakes were fully released.

Would also venture that Advance Key is not worth it too - with all the thefts due to, supposed, ease of entry of these types of keys, I stuck with the good old fashioned 'in and twist' variety.

Other than that, youre pretty close to the spec i have - minus the sunroof - B&O is superb.

In the grand scheme of things HHA is a £75 option so you might as well keep it if you wanted it anyway, not going to make a lot of difference to payments I dare say and you couldn't get any other option for £75 that I'm aware of.

Ah, that description does indeed sound like it wouldn't be healthy.
Not healthy at all..
Because the engine is still engaged by the box any movement will cause the engine to crank(small amounts) and when the engine is not running the cam chain tensioner is not working and this movement can cause the chain to jump a tooth which as you can imagine won't be good..:blink:

In the grand scheme of things HHA is a £75 option so you might as well keep it if you wanted it anyway, not going to make a lot of difference to payments I dare say and you couldn't get any other option for £75 that I'm aware of.
It would add a whopping £2 a month to your payments lol

It would add a whopping £2 a month to your payments lol

:fearscream: lol worth it even if you only use it once a month! I've specc'd it but have never had it, seems like a worthy thing to have.

:fearscream: lol worth it even if you only use it once a month! I've specc'd it but have never had it, seems like a worthy thing to have.
We have it in the Mrs gtd, I like it but sometimes it annoys me when you go to pull away and the car holds back then suddenly lets go and you nearly stall it lol. (Manual)

Right, order in! @Boyakasha, you owe me some money! I took on board what you said, and realised that fighting on to keep it below £40k was daft, and I'd end up regretting not speccing the things I wanted.

But I've still not gone mad:

Audi S3 Saloon 2.0T quattro 310ps S-tronic
Nano Grey Metallic
Black Leather/Alcantara
Advanced Key
Electric Folding Mirrors
Hill Hold Assist
Privacy Glass
Technology Pack Advanced / Audi Virtual Cockpit
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Rear Parking Sensors

BW14.

Good man, glad you had a change of mind.

Nice spec as well, cheques in the post.

Marc

Reactions: well_cool
Another vote for ditching HHA. Seems pointless in daily driving with an S-Tronic. I never use my handbrake unless parking up somewhere and neither of my S3's ever rolled back even when the brakes were fully released.

Would also venture that Advance Key is not worth it too - with all the thefts due to, supposed, ease of entry of these types of keys, I stuck with the good old fashioned 'in and twist' variety.

Other than that, youre pretty close to the spec i have - minus the sunroof - B&O is superb.

I'm surprised that it doesn't move with no brakes on.

Advanced Key is top of my list - can't stand having house keys jangling away in the dash!

I had to go for B&O - if the Audi Sound System had been a bug step down from the B&O in my A4 I would've been devastated.

We have it in the Mrs gtd, I like it but sometimes it annoys me when you go to pull away and the car holds back then suddenly lets go and you nearly stall it lol. (Manual)

Aye I don't think I'd like it in a manual, but think it pairs with the S-tronic a treat.

I totally get the jangling key thing, i have always kept car key on its own key ring as a result.

S-Tronic, when you are stopped going UP a hill and in D, the rear brakes go on and only release when you depress the throttle. So working in a fairly similar way as HHA.

Plus you'll get a meal out and a free coffee each month! ;)

Reactions: Audi Bairn and pburv
I totally get the jangling key thing, i have always kept car key on its own key ring as a result.

S-Tronic, when you are stopped going UP a hill and in D, the rear brakes go on and only release when you depress the throttle. So working in a fairly similar way as HHA.

Plus you'll get a meal out and a free coffee each month! ;)

Listen, if you want me to take you out for dinner, just ask; no need to use HHA as a reason...

I'm free tomorrow evening... although am up early on Sunday so can't stay out massively late. :D

Reactions: Tom.H
**** me! It's like Blind Date.....Where's Cilla?....lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Tom.H
Doesn't look like they need my help

Cilla_Black_3395190b.jpg

Reactions: MattSedg, Audi Bairn, pburv and 1 other person
Nano, like Nardo, but 100 times more interesting.
A good grey colour, although not as good as Suzuka.

Reactions: well_cool
Yeah looks lovely. Genuinely toyed with Vegas for a while - wife adored it - but I don't think I could live with it for 3+ years. And it needs the pano roof.