Just a few pics as its sunny :)

vrbob

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!
Reaction score
After refurbing my headlights yesterday today I managed to get a couple of coats of wax on whilst it was nice and sunny out so thought I would share a few piccies :)

Still running on my winter wheels so next job after going up to see Bill at B5 on thursday will be to refurb my RSTT`s and get some new rubber on them ready for some summer posing lol

As it just got dark here a couple of lights on shots :)

This is my headlight after the restoration process I did earlier this week :

And here are a few shots of the new LED lights I got from tr8ps (EM Tuning) fitted to the car :

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
Reactions: S3 Rav, CazzaVR, bigray and 5 others
Car is looking awesome. Im sure you cant wait to go to Bill's. :) x

Reactions: vrbob
Car is looking awesome. Im sure you cant wait to go to Bill's. :) x

Always impressed at how it scrubs up ok for a 12 year old car :) so Cheers Sandra

From 5 feet away it looks amazing but defo could do with a proper detailing session as up close and personal it has a few marks here an there.

Yup 4 days to go till mapping time :)

Reactions: JoeeS3 and Sandra
Its all down to good paint on the car to come up like that, and also if its been looked after properly. Yes im sure you cant wait to get remapped. Bill will do a great job. Thursday wont come quick enough. Look forward to hearing from you when its done. :) x

Looking Sick! What did you clean it with?

Cleaned using just some muc off car shampoo and then dried it off.

First coat of wax was some Poorboys Blackhole that I had been given to try and second coat was G3 Superwax quick buff off and bobs your uncle :)

Gonna get me some of the poorboys stuff next as it was easy to use with good results.

Looking good rob! We will have to have a detailing session soon once im back on the road as i said i would do nicks for him. The muc off stuff is great, i use there products on my mountain bike and stumbled across there car care stuff on there website and the 'uber shine shampoo' is great and what i use now too, ashame its pink tho! The poorboys product is great too. Heres the link if people are interested.

Poorboys Black Hole Glaze, Nattys Blue Wax, Cloth & Pad | eBay

Yeah gonna have to try out that rotary polisher I got with the gazzillions of different pads etc that I have no idea how to use lol.

I need some more car shampoo at some point and yeah the Uber shine muc off stuff was good and smells like bubblegum so if I can find it cheap I will get some more :) Oh and there is nothing wrong with pink in the right situations!!

That is a ****** lovely motor.

Couple more I took on my phone which came out really nice

2 days to go :)

Thanks for the comments guys

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra
Very nice bob. How did you do the headlights as I'm looking to do mine very soon.

Very nice bob. How did you do the headlights as I'm looking to do mine very soon.

Well to be honest its taken 2 attempts lol

First off as I had the headlights out a couple of weeks ago whilst doing my final stage 2 tweaks I took the opportunity to sand the lenses down so got 3 grades of wet n dry paper and went over each light until all the big marks were gone. I then used Meguairs Plast-X to try n buff them up which came up ok.

Once I had put the car back together I could tell from certain angles that they were still a little cloudy and on closer inspection I could still see some small scratches from the sanding process. So I decided to purchase this Turtle Wax Headlight Restore Headlamp Lens Restoration Restorer Kit FG6690 | eBay as it was cheap and promised good results. So while the lights were still in the car I used the turtle wax kit which has made the lenses a lot clearer and didn't actually take that long to do as of course I had done a lot of the hardwork with the wet n dry.

The turtle wax kit also has some base coat your meant to use after the rubbing down process but I put it on and it looked awful so I took it off using more plast-x and just used the sealent provided.

Reactions: S3 Rav
cars looking wicked rob! excited for our road trip tomorrow aswell :thumbsup:

Reactions: vrbob and Adam P
I drove past one of these on the M62 this morning and it looked very nice. Is great to see a car like this in all it's glory.

Well time has finally arrived and the car is as prepared as I can get it :)

Roll on 9:30am tomorrow

Reactions: Sandra
Well time has finally arrived and the car is as prepared as I can get it :)

Roll on 9:30am tomorrow

Im sure all will go well tomorrow Rob. Look forward to hearing all about it after Bill has worked his magic. :) x

The Magic Badger lol well I hope he can work his wonders and make my car as best as it can be :)

Shes tucked up ready for her adventure 2moro clean and full of v-power!