[June 3rd, 2015] Yorkshire & Humberside Regional Monthly Meet - The... (Mirfield, West Yorkshire)

ShaunS3

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
Regional Rep
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the location of our regional monthly meet has now been changed.

In light of this, i have acted quickly and managed to secure us a warm welcome from a lovely pub just 10 minutes up the road from the previous location, The Old Post Office.

So as we venture into Spring/Summer of 2015 our re-occurring monthly meet will now be held at The Hare & Hounds, Mirfield.

new%20pub_zpsw8k60qhw.jpg

'The Hare & Hounds' is conveniently situated bang smack in the middle between both Junction 38 of M1 and Junction 25 of M62:

directions_zps5wcte44b.jpg

The fixed date will continue to be the first Wednesday of every month, with the first meet of the year to take place on Wednesday 1st April.

Many meets were held at the previous venue throughout 2014, of which seemed to get a good reception with the regulars coming back every month and also a few newbies turning up occasionally.

This meet is a totally casual setup with a warm community feel. Get the chance admire other cars, chat motors over a pint of your usual with the odd bit of banter thrown in.

Please find below full details:

Liley Lane,
Mirfield,
WF14 8EE

Dates:

The first Wednesday of each month. Dates shown below:

NEXT:
1st April 2015

Time:
19:00pm - 23:00pm

Website links:
http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thehareandhoundsmirfield/

Special Notes:
Between Junction 38 of M1 and Junction 25 of M62.

Car Parking - When attending meets at this location, please proceed to the rear/bottom car park as shown below:

Car%20Park_zpspqx0pj8s.jpg

Please take extra care when entering/exiting the car park as there may be other customers parking etc (SLOW) is the key.

Food, Drinks and Hot Meals are available at this venue and we have agreed with management to reserve us a section of the pub for moderate numbers in attendance (0-11 people).

For every month there will be a thread or post to confirm numbers and who are attending solely for the purpose of letting our contact at The Hare and Hounds know how many people will be coming.

Lets keep the positive vibe rolling at the new venue for 2015 and enjoy the lovely little location going into the summer months...

Thank You and we hope to see plenty of faces at the meet.

Yorkshire & Humberside Regional Events Team

Last edited:
Reactions: mark_S3
Attendee's for this month:

1. Me (ShaunS3)
2. Mark (mark_s3)
3. Matt (AVLO)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sandra
I will be popping along for sure need to see if they can beat the estalla :)

Reactions: Sandra, ShaunS3 and mark_S3
Do they do candlelight at this place lmao. :) x

Reactions: grainqey and ShaunS3
Very local to me, will pop up after work.

Reactions: ShaunS3 and mark_S3
I should be there and it's now even closer for me :)

Ooh, ooh put me down!! I'll check with the wife but assume it's a yes from me! I need to get to one of these meets and this week works well.

Thanks to all of you that attended tonight. Hope you all enjoyed?

If you would all be so kind as to let me have some feedback for the new venue and any other comments i would be greatful.

Shaun.

Enjoyed the meet last night, it was good to finally get to one! Hopefully i'll get to more now that home life has calmed down a little. I still need to stop the wife laughing at me for meeting internet friends :(

As for feedback, I never went to the post office, but thought the new venue was great. Seems a nice pub, and a fairly central location. Now for my secret BT build so I can beat Brandon....

Reactions: AVLO, ShaunS3 and Sandra
Enjoyed the meet last night, it was good to finally get to one! Hopefully i'll get to more now that home life has calmed down a little. I still need to stop the wife laughing at me for meeting internet friends :(

As for feedback, I never went to the post office, but thought the new venue was great. Seems a nice pub, and a fairly central location. Now for my secret BT build so I can beat Brandon....
Lol @your wifes comment about internet friends Paul. Now we need to get you to a dealership meet. You can even bring the wife and kids along. :) x

Reactions: ShaunS3
Such a lovely little pub, very cosy and welcoming.

Good customer service with table all reserved and waiting for us :)

Glad you enjoyed. You guys deserve good service as you all so nice. :) x

Glad you enjoyed. You guys deserve good service as you all so nice. :) x
Helps with an old friend being assistant manager there lol.

Happy to work with us and welcomed us back again :)

Reactions: Sandra
Next meet this Wednesday....

Who's coming?

Im in....

Shaun.

Me! Address already added to the car using the myAudi app!

Reactions: Helifella and ShaunS3
Shaun... Your late as usually.... Haven't you read past posts. Lol

Don't think I'll be making it tonight, got too much on at home to get sorted. Been offered the mortgage on my new house so really need to get my **** into gear and start sorting things out.

I think , after hearing a few points of view that we maybe need to try moving the location or include other meets as well as the monthly?
The issue is ... either make it central for the members that turn up regular or... ask if people would actualy come to a meet if it wasnt so far away from them,
Its always been a pain getting in at 5.15 /5.30 pm after leaving for work at 5.30am to look after the kids. get a wash,have some tea and still get out for a reasonable time. I do make the effort as i enjoy it but its a fair drive for me and would i expect be worse for others.
Feel free anybody to either message me on here or post your views. As if im banging on about something just because i think its best for me... please tell me,

Reactions: michaelg1001