Jukebox

mls

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm loving the new car but getting so annoyed with trying to get my music and playlists working.

I've loaded music onto the jukebox, but when I select it as the media source it says "loading" for ages, like over an hour and I still have yet to see it finished. Even with just 50 tracks. I can't select the album/artist etc. I know they are all there because when I try to delete them I can see them all. How long does this initialisation take? Does it happen every time? Is there a particular file structure that works best?

Thanks !

Hi all. I'm loving the new car but getting so annoyed with trying to get my music and playlists working.

I've loaded music onto the jukebox, but when I select it as the media source it says "loading" for ages, like over an hour and I still have yet to see it finished. Even with just 50 tracks. I can't select the album/artist etc. I know they are all there because when I try to delete them I can see them all. How long does this initialisation take? Does it happen every time? Is there a particular file structure that works best?

Thanks !

That's just not right. All I did was throw a couple hundred flacs and mp3s onto mine and it ran immediately. This was with no folder structure though.

I'd take it back in if I was you mate. Mine works great and took less than 2-3 mins to transfer a few thousand tracks then they were available immediately.... Sounds like you got a fault....

I assume that it is better to use the 10GB jukebox storage than the SD card storage - faster access or the same?

Thanks guys. I did a factory reset of media settings and I tested it with a few tracks worked fine. Will try with the big list of tracks tonight.

I assume that it is better to use the 10GB jukebox storage than the SD card storage - faster access or the same?

SD works fine for me. I don't really see the point in using the jukebox feature tbh, when SD works perfectly well and avoids having to transfer tracks all the time after updating it!

SD works fine for me. I don't really see the point in using the jukebox feature tbh, when SD works perfectly well and avoids having to transfer tracks all the time after updating it!

Yes but does your SD card have more than 1000 tracks per folder ? my car only reads 1000 tracks in every folder.

No, I separate and organise everything out into albums so would never have a need for that.

The root of my SD card has individual artist folders in it, with individual album folders containing the tracks within each. I have thousands of tracks in total and no problems at all. They even all have album art.

I hear you all.. but that makes playlists much more of a pain in the *** to get working..

Does the MMI support playlists? As in, m3u files? I've not tried.

Does the MMI support playlists? As in, m3u files? I've not tried.

Yes it does. Have a few set up in mine.

Can someone tell me the best way to do this?

I've copied my music folders from my iTunes folder on my laptop via SD, and also copied the m3u files across for my playlists, but when I try to use a playlist in the car, it can't find the tracks, as it's looking for them on the laptop.