Juddering 2.0 TDI

P Crr

Reaction score
My car was fine till the other day when I filled up at local supermarket. Now car judders under heavy accelaration at around 2500 rpm and above. Car starts fine. No lights on. Car is a 55 plate with 83K.

Funny old thing. I refuelled at Sainsbury's last time I filled up and it ran rough and juddered. Next refill I stuck in some inector cleaner and went for a 'branded' fuel. Much better, could've been a bad batch I suppose, although around now I understand that the frost-protection of the diesel is changed by the manufacturers for winter driving. Perhaps that was it.

Hope that this helps.

Now emptied a tank of real deisel. Engine much better, must keep away from that Sainsbury's chip fat!!!:doctor:

Nice useful post! My A3 2.0 TDi is hesitant from 2.5k up to 4k, filled it up with £55 of Tesco's Value diesel the other day, so I guess that's the cause! Was thinking something was on the way out! What cleaner did you use?

Redex diesel cleaner, bottle is apparently enough to do two full tanks, but I just whacked the whole lot in!

Probably worth paying the extra 2p a litre for Shell or whatever.

Cheers

Redex diesel injector cleaner. Just stuck a whole bottle in.

I use sainsburys or mainly asda in my tdi, and it seems fine on it, you might have just had a dodgy batch. but i will say that every 10k or so (every 4 months lol) I run some miller +4 through it as thats stuff seems pretty good and aload of the lads on cgti swear by it

I use sainsburys or mainly asda in my tdi, and it seems fine on it, you might have just had a dodgy batch. but i will say that every 10k or so (every 4 months lol) I run some miller +4 through it as thats stuff seems pretty good and aload of the lads on cgti swear by it

Sorry to butt in guy's :think: What is miller +4?!

did the problem get fixed ? I had a similar problem on my a3 and it got progrssively worse and the fix was an injector part (after going round the houses and being told different stuff by different mechanics)

Bottle of millers additive done the trick straight away. Ran tank down with no problems after adding. Next fill I used Shell V Power. Still no juddering.

filled up with diesel from Asda and it was fine for a couple of tank fulls, then had to fill up at a sainsburys, it's juddering like mad again!! Somethings gotta be wrong, i.e. MAF or something. Just put £45 of Shell V power Diesel, will see what she's like on the trip home.
Failing that it's booked to visit Audi tomorrow!