Judder when moving off

glenandem

Reaction score
had the car about a month now and first did it a few times when I bought it and thought it could have been clutch judder but it disappeared then today it came back again when setting off from stationary?
Its a 2.0 tdi, do these have anti shudder systems etc?

Clutch judder on my car seems to come and go as well. It's a 3.0 TDI so a completely different arrangement of the clutch but it seems to have done it on and off over the time I have owned the car. Also seems a reasonably common complaint of the 2.0 TDI.
It's a feature.

Reactions: glenandem
My 3.0TDi has been doing it for years. Seems worse in damp weather. I did worry about it to begin with, but it hasn't got any worse over the last four years.

Funnily enough it's been nothing but rain today!!
I like that comment though, it's a feature lol

Alternator pulley... had exactly the same problem ... it has a freewheel clutch inside it that seizes.. you can check it by releasing the belt . Locking the alternator with a screwdriver and you should still be able to move the pulley in one direction .... other symptoms are noise from the power steering on full lock .. squeal when turning on the A.C. and a generally noisier tick over than normal ... pulley is about £40 but you will need special tools to change it ... hope this helps

How bad is the judder?
The dual mass flywheel went on my 2.0TDi getting grease on the clutch, this caused a really bad judder.

However, I now get a small judder every so often.

Reactions: ruairi83
Mines the same....especially if been crawling stop/start up a hill, even gets to the point where it starts to smell. Will judder for a good few miles after, but then be fine after that..then all of a sudden it will come back

How bad is the judder?
The dual mass flywheel went on my 2.0TDi getting grease on the clutch, this caused a really bad judder.

However, I now get a small judder every so often.
This is exactly what happened my 2015 a4 tdi. 177ps Quattro.

Audi fitted new clutch, flywheel kit under warranty at 24k miles