Judder pulling away, Flywheel or engine mounts?

Richard Sievewright

Reaction score
I have recently got an A6 2013 which has a judder when pulling away in first, i can feel a lot of vibration through the gear stick but nothing noticeable through the clutch pedal. The issue seems worse when the engine is warm and i also don’t experience the same vibrations when reversing. could it be the flywheel or an engine mount?

I would be surprised if it’s the engine mounts, since most mount failures are associated with the 4.0 engines which have the active mounts fitted.

Mount failure is normally associated with excessive engine vibration rather than judder.

Could be flywheel or clutch. Difficult to diagnose via forum. You could try posting some video which might help with the diagnosis. :racer:

Thats the best i could get today, seems to be much worse when the car is cold. if i slowly life the clutch with no acceleration it only judders slightly. when i put a lot of rpm’s on and lift the clutch slowly then same again it only judders slightly. Setting off normally is when it occurs the most

Thats the best i could get today, seems to be much worse when the car is cold. if i slowly life the clutch with no acceleration it only judders slightly. when i put a lot of rpm’s on and lift the clutch slowly then same again it only judders slightly. Setting off normally is when it occurs the most

Hi Richard. Had same symptoms and had a new clutch fitted, now have heavy juddering between 4th and 6th gears when accelerating... have posted on here and am now waiting for any advice from anyone who had same fault to see what the fault turned out to be...