Judder At Speed - Not wheel Balance

Fast3000

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

Im recent owner of a B7 2.0T Auto. Loverly car very good condition done 23K.

Bought from Chigford Audi two weeks ago!. Took it for a test run and during the week and noticed vibration / judder. between 60 - 80+

1st I thought just poor road surface, second run I figured it might be wheel balance. So had the balance done today. The front balance was off, but the problem still is there!

I am taking the car back to the service dept on Thursday and any advice would be much appreciated.

What do you reckon guys?:wtf:

Some potentially obvious but hopefully useful checks, Tyre pressures, tyre type/make/model or any items stuck in tread pattern. Hope this helps.

It wouldn't be the first time I have had to get a wheel balanced more than once to get it right however.

If there is any irregular lumps or bumps in the tyre at all? It could be damage to the inside of the rim perhaps at worst. Seems a bit bizzare but are the wheel bolts all tight?

Thanks guys,

I will check tyre pressure etc Could be a diodgy rim. Also the tyres look fine - i had a good look when they were off - no lumps etc

but they did check balance and check again. machine was quite advanced (if that makes any difference)

Also by re balancing the problem is exactly the same.....

:whip:

Those chingford Audi guys hopefully will find its a straigtforward fix that i shouldnt pay for!

fingerz crossed

LOL nice username!

G

:ohmy: Sorry chap, I didn't realise there was a MR G already on this forum, that said I should have figured there would be more than one of us.... did you want me to change my username?

My MR G, so it happens is my initials lol.

Mike

Audi Chingford had my car for a day. And they sorted it! Turns out the new Avons they used were faulty and they replaced them with two new Bridgstones. really happy with that and the problem is sorted!!