Help Please Judder at low speeds

dizzly

Reaction score
Hi Guys
On my recently acquired b8.5 2.0 tfsi Quattro, I notice at very low speeds i.e 5mph there is sometimes hesitation between 1st and 2nd gears, or sometimes the car decides to stay in 2nd and use the clutch more pressumably, and when this happens it's not smooth, there is some judder vibration. Is this normal or is the clutch on its way out?

86k miles

Quattro (are there more clutches in the quattro system?)

Thanks!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I don't want to scare you but this is when the DSG need rebuild. Mine was doing the same on my S4 and I rebuilt the gearbox. WELL not me personally but I went down in milta technology in Bristol and they done it for me. Hope your problem is smaller and cheaper. Worst case scenario £2500 full rebuild with warranty

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys
On my recently acquired b8.5 2.0 tfsi Quattro, I notice at very low speeds i.e 5mph there is sometimes hesitation between 1st and 2nd gears, or sometimes the car decides to stay in 2nd and use the clutch more pressumably, and when this happens it's not smooth, there is some judder vibration. Is this normal or is the clutch on its way out?

86k miles

Quattro (are there more clutches in the quattro system?)

Thanks!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Does it disengage when reversing up a slight incline sometimes too?

First get a S-tronic oil change , new filter and get them to take sump off drain completely and clean crud out of sump. And it should feel like new again.
Go to a decent Audi indy as Audi won't do this , they'll just do a basic oil change with doesnt get all the crud out .

If your clutch or mechatronics is a bit damaged then this will at least prolong its life.
Should be about £350 , better to try this first .
Then I guess if its still doing it , time to investigate wether a new mechatronics board or most costly rebuild is needed.

Reactions: dizzly