José's S1 Bumblebeast

The HP option does come with a Guaranteed Resale Value after 36 months, so it's almost PCP. But the repayments are for full repayment so you don't get all the benefits of a proper PCP.

Only if you put 15% deposit in or else there is no GRV. So looking at £10,000 plus deposit really.

On the P85D you mentioned that's £15,000+

I like the Model S it's just massive, model 3 will be most interesting to me. I run my own company I there are benefits to be had with the Tesla there I think but not up to speed on it.

True - but on that value car that's not an insane size deposit (still more than I'd like mind). I'm realistically hoping for a proper PCP offer before I purchase though.

Ain't we all! Haha, don't think I'd fancy putting down that much and still paying £1,000 a month.

Think the issue is Tesla don't particularly have working capital as they reinvest so much of what they make that they really do need to get all monies in, etc.

Interesting BMW do the finance packages for them

That and the GRV has some strict rules about it to protect them. On a PCP the consumer has LOTS of rights for handing the car back early etc and I don't think they know how the resale value of these cars is going to stack up over the next 3-4 years so don't want to put themselves at risk.

It's a concern I have (and 1 of the reasons I didn't do it this time around) - I have no idea on the life of the drive train. The batteries also are a major concern, looking at other EV's you buy the car and lease the battery (Nissan Leaf for example), because the battery has a limited life, so you can swap it out. Tesla say the battery is good for 8 year and costs ~£7k to replace, but higher milage users will have to change it earlier. Hopefully in another 2-3 years it will be clearer how this pans out!

Batteries are a concern yes but did I mention that thing is huge!
Obviously needed to be big to carry all the batteries, the smaller model 3 coming out in 2017 is going to have a smaller range as a result of being a smaller car.

Audi's effort so far is pretty poor on the electric front, never say never to a Tesla though.