Sportback Jolt/bang when turning

S3_Sanni

VCDS Map User
Anyone faced an issue where car does a big jolt/bang when turning or going around round abouts at low revs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AudiNutta

Staff member
Gold Supporter
Nope never! Sounded like a CV joint until I read low revs, it would be there at all speeds and get more frequent and louder as speed builds if it was a failing CV joint.

c4pete

Yes, I've had this once when doing a 3 point turn, it felt like a clutch engaging or disengaging out of time with when the car stopped,bit of a thud.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

S3_Sanni

VCDS Map User
Its fine at high speed or high revs, just at low revs say when in 2nd and you tap throttle to quickly accelerate you feel a hard jolt.

Spinstorm

Is it a jolt? Or is it the wheels perhaps slipping on the wet road...

Because I’ve had what I think is this quite a bit recently. Turning when the road is very wet or the tyres are cold I feel like the grip isn’t quite there and so it slips or makes a noise because it’s not quite got the grip. It feels like it’s only one front wheel. It’s one side only to me.

Unless that isn’t a thing?!

D0C

Because I’ve had what I think is this quite a bit recently. Turning when the road is very wet or the tyres are cold I feel like the grip isn’t quite there and so it slips or makes a noise because it’s not quite got the grip. It feels like it’s only one front wheel. It’s one side only to me.

I have exactly this when it is wet and turning at slow speed. Happened on my PFL so must be normal.

S3_Sanni

VCDS Map User

Its a jolt. Never happened before in dry/wet weather. Its hard to describe but best way to put it is if your at low revs and are about to turn, once you press the gas pedal theres a loud bang as though clutch hasn’t engaged. High revs its fine..

S3_Sanni

VCDS Map User
I don’t think it’s the bolts causing it. It doesn’t do it when turning left. Only when I turn right ??

Anyone else experienced anything like this?